+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    Queensland ambulance do it for free and racq charge $20.
    Thank you, is it $20/seat? RACQ is like 2 minutes from here, I'd pay that for convenience.

We've just switched DD FFing as she's too tall for her RFing seat, it's very firm, but I'd like it checked/fixed if needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Per seat I believe. Ring 131905 they message the site an then they ring you back. They called me back within the hour .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe there is somewhere in NSW that does it for free that I don't know of?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Do RACQ really fit them free? Details of how that works please someone? I'm on a phone.
    From memory you ring up and ask. Esp if you are hiring a capsule/seat from them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by halloweendee View Post
    surely new mothers can use the baby bonus...??
    in an ideal world where the baby bonus is paid on the day the baby is born that would be a good idea but you new to have these things fitted before u leave the hospital with the baby and the baby bonus is sometimes my pair till weeks after the birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've recently seen a lot of seats being sold on FB garage sale pages. Which is a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjfergusson View Post
    in an ideal world where the baby bonus is paid on the day the baby is born that would be a good idea but you new to have these things fitted before u leave the hospital with the baby and the baby bonus is sometimes my pair till weeks after the birth.
    In an ideal world it'd be paid from 24 weeks gestation so parents can prepare. With my first the BB paid off my CC for the costs I incurred preparing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    RACQ charge per seat and qld ambulance do it or free but book early though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our local council (in Sydney) have free installation checks every few months.
    I have installed car seats many times and had them checked. For me, the most important part of the installation is using a gated buckle so you can get your lap sash belt super tight. It's amazing how much of a difference a $7 piece of metal makes in keeping the seat rigid. If you put ALL your weight on the seat while tightening the lap sash belt you can get the seat to be virtually immovable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cindye View Post
    Our local council (in Sydney) have free installation checks every few months.
    I have installed car seats many times and had them checked. For me, the most important part of the installation is using a gated buckle so you can get your lap sash belt super tight. It's amazing how much of a difference a $7 piece of metal makes in keeping the seat rigid. If you put ALL your weight on the seat while tightening the lap sash belt you can get the seat to be virtually immovable.
    Where in Sydney? I'd be very interested in this

Thanks
    Reviews
    ive always had ours professionally installed as i like to know they are in safely.

last time we got them fitted the guy showed DH how to do it with the gated clip etc. he's confident he can do it now but if i had any doubts id pay and get it checked.

our local council advertises free fitting and checking days every now and then which is great