+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Free in qld as far as I know . I'd pay $40 for the safety aspect!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    I'm passionate about this too, that's why I posted the question.

I understand what u r saying about the training now, but as for it being free, it's a 5 minute job for the safety of children...

I can see why driving lessons and tyre changing lessons are not free, they take longer.

I know $40 isn't a lot to some and for others it is a lot! Just depends in your circumstances

It's a lot to us but I paid it for peace of mind... And I would do it again but I think it's quite ridiculous to Charge $40 to check a seat and just put some weight on it to secure it when all the rest has already been done...
    Um, I wasn't disagreeing with you! I said $40 is a lot. I also think $30 is a lot.

I also agreed it would be nice to have free training.

We get the most of our $30. I don't install it & get it checked - I make them install it from step 1!

:-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The place we brought the seat fitted ours and I told DH that i didn't think I trusted the guy. It looked right, it wasn't lose but I just didn't trust the guy doing it. So we went to RACT and sure enough he fitted it incorrectly. The guys at RACT showed DH how to convert it when the time came. So DH and my dad did it together and then DH took it down and they checked it for free and it was fine.

MIL brought one for DD and they take it in and out of the car constantly and I don't think it's safe or installed correctly, I wont let her go in the car with them anymore. They were beyond p!ssed but I didn't care, the seat was lose and not in right I KNOW it wasn't. So boo hoo to them.

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We can get our seats fitted, or the installation checked for free here. There are a few people who do it, the lady who runs the baby shop, and also through Population Health. You just have to make an appointment. There are also restraint check days, where you can just rock up (usually a weekend).
    My mind boggles at the thought of paying nearly $50 to get a seat checked! Is that charge per seat, or for all of the seats in the car, just out if interest?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Queensland ambulance do it for free and racq charge $20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i had mine professionally fitted and think everyone should do so, even if just for the first baby so they can show you how it works and also how to follow the instruction booklets (eg. swapping car seat to another car)

surely new mothers can use the baby bonus...??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Moxy - I wasn't implying you were disagreeing

Yes I'm sure baby bonus etc can be used but for some the baby bonus needs to cover other things like furniture, clothes, nappies, formula, other bills etc...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Moxy - I wasn't implying you were disagreeing

Yes I'm sure baby bonus etc can be used but for some the baby bonus needs to cover other things like furniture, clothes, nappies, formula, other bills etc...
    Cool. Sorry, I'm very hormonal ATM. I sobbed last night because our bean bag leaked some beans and I couldn't pick them up properly because of static.

:-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha, that's funny don't worry I know the feeling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Free at Qld ambulance here, I can't believe they don't offer it free in all states