+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a few stretchmarks with DS (11 years ago).... I was 17 so I really didn't think anything of it until they showed up... however in 11 years they faded to nearly nothing...

Because I have dry skin and a little exzema, I have had to fully moisturise head to toe with vitimim E every day for the last 8 years or so... so I think that helped reduce them...

However I'm now 33 weeks with #2 and I haven't got any so far... Personally I think it's because of the years of moisturising has kept my skin in good condition. In my opinion, I don't think you can just start using a cream once getting pregnant and hope you don't get any, I think it comes from long term skin care.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    As others have said, it's mostly genetic.
    All the products claiming to prevent stretchmarks...THEY DON'T. At least, there's no scientific evidence for it.
    That said, some do have other benefits - such as making your skin feel/look nicer, and that in itself can help to reduce the appearance of stretchmarks if you do get them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Genetic I reckon too ..if all the cures worker no one would have them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I used nothing and got none.
    I personally think the preventative creams are a gimmick. Stretchmarks go very deep into the layers of skin, but the creams and oils don't penetrate deep enough.
    I very much believe stretchmarks are hormonal AND genetic. I got stretchmarks when I went through puberty (boobs and hips) but none through either pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used Bio Oil every now and then and drank a lot of water. Apparently it keeps your skin hydrated which helps prevent stretch marks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing works, don't waste your money, if your going to get them you will, and 2nd time around your skin will be stretched and they will must get colour on them again. I'm 35 weeks with colour in my old ones, have gained only 3kg this time, used every cream under the sun to no avail and was covered in a fetching shade of purple for months.
    Sorry for the downer

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I used Bio Oil and Palmers - I got stretch marks on my boobs (which are already fading although I'm breast feeding and I haven't put anything on them since DS was born) and only a few on my belly... which strangely only appeared about 3 weeks after DS was born!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best ever is a product from a WA company, Tinderbox...it's called belly rub I think. They use all natural ingredients. Their website is cheekyherbs.com.au...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got them on my bum from about 26 weeks. I didnt use anything on them because I couldnt reach back there and im lazy. My mum said she got them really bad with all her pregnancies and warned me. However once I dropped all of my pregnancy weight, they disappeared.
    I think age and how quickly u gain then loose weight has a bit to do with it though.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I tried bio oil and cocoa butter, but still got stretchmarks at 42 weeks, and MORE appeared after DD was born (when my tummy wasnt so 'full' anymore)
    Im not bothering this time, apart from helping with the itchiness