+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default stretch marks

Hi there.

Im just wondering what product/s if any you may be using or have used in the past in an attempt to minimise stretch marks. There seem to be so many Im not sure what I should try!
    thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am using Palmer. I have been using it since 22weeks, I am now 28 weeks but I can see little red lines start appearing on my tummy

A lot of ppl say it is genetic, my mum had a lot when she had me so I am not surprised if I will have them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi feliz
    Stretch marks are hereditary if you already are prone to them you will get them regardless. I am using Bio Oil at night and during the day Palmers Coco Butter for stretch marks. I will probably end up getting them any way but have heard this can help reduce and fade them. I'm only 16weeks so time will tell if they work. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't use anything while pregnant last time, I got horrendous stretchies. Afterwards though I used bio oil and they faded really quickly.
    I'm using both that and palmers this time.
    I know people say it's genetic but I'm the only one in my family who's had them!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I didn't get them the first 2 times, not one. The third time I got 3 small ones. I never used anything other than the excess sorbolene cream from my hands at night. I did drink a fair bit of water the first 2 pregnancys but not so much the third as it made me nauseous even in the third trimester, those marks appeared in the last few weeks.

I def think its genetic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I also use Palmers. But I'm thinking it doesn't do as much as I think as I used it religiously with one pregnancy and hardly at all with the other and I don't have stretch marks anywhere except on the sides of my (.)(.)

I'm using it this time again, see what happens. I think its got more to do with how your skin stretches and how you put the weight on, if you know what I mean? I stretch slowly and then at the end POP so the last few weeks are my 'danger zones' lol.

Like a PP mentioned though, I put bio oil on the marks I did get and they have faded considerably. Sorry, they HAD faded, but then I went and done got knocked up again lol so they are back.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nothing can prevent them.
    Having said that, Bio Oil has been proven to reduce the appearance of stretchmarks and scars and I've been using it daily since 12 weeks. I'm now 26 weeks and have none. The old ones from my first pregnancy have faded to basically nothing now as well, which is a bonus.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used Nutrimetics apricot oil and apricot moisturiser from the moment i found out i was pregnant. No stretchies here on the areas i used it on.... i wish i put it on my boobies though oh well

My mum had 4 pregnancies, used the same cream and has zero stretcies also. SHe got me onto and we both swear by it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used palmers to no avail. But I agree with PP - its genetic and after seeing my mothers stomach... well, luckily I like tiger patterns.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another one for genetic here, I used Bio oil for first two pregnancies and have heaps but they faded (made no difference to the jelly belly sag though!) so I think the Bio oil helped fade them. My MIL send some Bio oil for the third pregnancy but I have so many stretchies form the other two that I am mostly using it on my face until the stretching and itching starts as I haven't the reslove to do twice a day massages this time round!