+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think the issue is more that she was having s.ex! Why else is it all over the news yesterday? Plus, there are 2 people who've questioned why she didn't just keep quiet or why she has pursued this, as if she should be embarrassed for having a good time.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

lambjam  (20-04-2012),MsMummy  (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    If a *fixed* fitting light a light fell on me in a motel, I would take it further. If it happened during a business trip, and affected my ability to work, I would claim workers comp. That's what it's there for! Light bulbs should not come down. She was only in that motel because of work, and was not doing anything like playing ball games that could damage lights.
    Absolutely agree. The fact she was having sex was totally irrelevant. Its a legitimate claim - which is why it was paid.

And workcover/her employer should now seek compensation from the hotel id think.

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I find it offensive that you would want to see cases thrown out because in your view it is seen as a lesser case than other ones you have seen.
    Sorry SAB that wasn't my intention, just my view.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    That's funny because I work with an Industrial Officer who deals with this kind of thing on a daily basis and he doesn't see the issue, he just thinks it's ridiculous that there has been this uproar because she was having intercourse at the time.

She was away. On a WORK trip. She was injured.

This is what happens when somebody is on a work trip and they are injured. The media are just turning it into a circus because it was a woman having s3x. She could have simply sat on the bed and the light could have fallen on her and the claim would be exactly the same.

I also find it incredibly sad that a 'professional' who deals with WorkCover claims would question what 'kind' of person would use her right to make a claim for an injury that occured while on a work trip
    You don't need to try and insult me by putting the word professional in inverted commas. I am a professional in this area. And as I said I have also read the court documents. Have you? There is more to it than in the media, funnily enough.

I fully support people making appropriate claims. In my view this is not an appropriate one, for the reasons I have stated. If it happened to me I would not have claimed - that is what it comes down to. Clearly most of you would, and that is up to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even if the claim is unwarranted, I don't think it's professional to talk about the 'kind' of person she is.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (20-04-2012),WorkingClassMum  (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    You don't need to try and insult me by putting the word professional in inverted commas. I am a professional in this area. And as I said I have also read the court documents. Have you? There is more to it than in the media, funnily enough.

I fully support people making appropriate claims. In my view this is not an appropriate one, for the reasons I have stated. If it happened to me I would not have claimed - that is what it comes down to. Clearly most of you would, and that is up to you.
    Sorry, but are you judging other people based on what you think may be your decision in this scenario? That's unfair. I have seen it before in sexual assault cases where people think it was wrong for someone to have pressed charges because they never would have, despite not having been in the situation themselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post

If you are a professioanal in this area and have read the court transcripts I'd suggest it sounds like you are in a priviledged position and it's incredibly unprofessional for you to make a comment and breach confidentiality

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

BabushkaMumma  (20-04-2012),BigRedV  (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What's so sad is that a moral judgement on this woman's character has been made due to the fact that she was having sex. Which leads me to the why I need feminism thread.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Benji  (20-04-2012),Deserama  (22-04-2012),Etienne  (20-04-2012),lambjam  (20-04-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (21-04-2012),share a book  (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    What's so sad is that a moral judgement on this woman's character has been made due to the fact that she was having sex. Which leads me to the why I need feminism thread.
    I was just coming in to say this

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    If you are a professioanal in this area and have read the court transcripts I'd suggest it sounds like you are in a priviledged position and it's incredibly unprofessional for you to make a comment and breach confidentiality
    Sigh. No I am not in a privileged position. They are public documents.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (23-04-2012)