+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Every fortnight in our budget is a set amount to go to bills. Electricity gets 100, water 25, phone 70 etc. every Tuesday morning when we get paid I sit and do the budget so I just bpay it all then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    credit card- bpay
    phone bill- on the website

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    every pay i have a set amount transfered into our bills account (which is high interest savings account) then when i get the bill i transfer it out and pay the bill straight away. I transfer the funds back in the day before for direct debits (only private health and daycare). I can do it all on my phone so its easier than it sounds,

I HATE DIRECT DEBITs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dh gets paid monthly which I love. On the 15th of every month I pay all the insurances, phone bill, electricity bill. I used to have everything direct debited from the one bank account but i don't like that system. i would much rather pay them all once a month myself. We both salary package so the amount i have to transfer to the mortgage is minimal. whatever other bills need to be paid are paid. Anything due for the month are paid on the same day, anything not paid wont be paid until the next month. I transfer money to the credit cards and a certain amount to our savings account. When my fortnightly pay comes in this is used for shopping etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default How do you pay your bills?

Most bill get b-payed fortnightly when DHs pay comes in. Direct debits go into a "bills" account. Rates and water also have their own separate account. Works well for us.

Thanks
    Reviews

Worked out weekly amount ( and just a bit more to credit me) and pay via automatic transfer / bpay on pay day, then at times like Xmas as I'm in credit I suspend payment for that week so I have a little more. Actually going to try and organize it so I'm well head so when I'm on maternity leave ( at half pay) I won't need to pay as much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: How do you pay your bills?

dp is in charge of all that. he puts 20 bucks ( or round abouts)on each bill every week (he doesn't like direct debit so just deposits it online) its a huge chunk out of our income each week but well worth it when our electricity bill arrives $300 in credit!! thank god for him if it was left to me we'd in screwed!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't use company set up direct debit, except for school fees. I like to know exactly what is coming out of my account and when. Sometimes if a bill is due around the time of the end of a credit card statement I will pay it at the last possible time so hopefully it's on the next month's credit card bill.

We pay all our bills on credit card and then transfer money from our account to the credit card at the end of the month. Unfortunately at times we've been living beyond our means and so it means moving money between accounts (eg savings in ING) when the credit card is due, but we always pay the card in full. It's much easier to just sort out the money juggling once a month for us, but if you're really not sure you're going to have enough of a buffer to pay all your bills this isn't the way to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I b-pay