+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ours are all on direct debit otherwise we would forget to pay them. For one off or irregular bills (rego, insurance renewal etc) I set up a Bpay payment in advance as soon as I receive the bill so the transaction is done on the due date. All our bills are paid by credit card then we pay off our credit card each month.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (18-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have 3 accounts; wages, savings, bills. We put $150 away each week for bills and our electricity is direct debited fortnightly, I pay rent weekly through Internet Banking.
    Any other bills that come in are paid over the phone using our Visa debit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We use a high rewards credit card for all bills and have it direct debited. Then fortnightly I put away 100 into a bill account. When I get the credit card bill I just pay it off. this way we are never in arrears for the bill - its easy to keep track of bills.

We have 3 credit cards - usual bills and living expenses ie food (high limit with high rewards - high interest gets paid off instantly), fun stuff (low limit and good for internet usage) and stuff that needs receipts ie donations, medical bills and big purchases etc with a medium sized limit but low interest. This way at tax time its much easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haven't read all responses yet so this may have already been said, but I pay whatever is due within the next fortnight on pay day. That way, I get paid, I pay bills and then I know what I have left over (aside from 2 direct debits I have).

I also have always paid things like rates, etc, quarterly. Sure you pay a little extra, but I don't usually have a spare $1400 lying around when they come in! Same with car insurance.

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhugs View Post
    I work out an approximate amount for each of my bills per pay period and organise automatic recurring bpay payments for each bill - eg, my phonebill is between $70-$80 per month so I pay $40 per fortnight towards the bill, direct to Optus.

Setting it up yourself through your Internet banking as a recurring transfer means that if you have something come up and need to skip the payment on something that week then you can do it without having to call anyone and ask their permission.

I need to know where my money's at at all times. I couldn't handle having direct debits coming out of an account at odd times of the month.
    This is what I do too.. And it's nice when a bill comes in and it's actually in credit instead of debit

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Madame Mayhem View Post
    This is what I do too.. And it's nice when a bill comes in and it's actually in credit instead of debit
    I love getting those ones

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I BPay them monthly. Some things like my charity donations, union fees and car insurance are direct debited but they are only relatively small amounts so I don't notice it too much.

OSHC I have to physically take out the cash and hand it over. Pain in the bum because I tend to keep only very small amounts of cash in my purse and EFTPOS everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Currently 2 are on automatic direct debit on due dates and the rest I bpay as they come in. However now we have made the decision that I will not be going back to work I am hoping to set up a fortnightly direct debit for most so we will only owe a small amount when it comes due (or be in credit!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loving6 View Post
    I have a great bill paying acc. A set amount goes into a special automatically with in minutes of being paid and when the bill comes I drop it into a box at the bank and presto it is paid.
    Wow that sounds great! Where can I get an account like that? Would be so easy

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happy2bmum View Post
    Wow that sounds great! Where can I get an account like that? Would be so easy
    Really? It'd annoy me having to make the trip to the bank to drop the bill off lol. I like that I can do everything from my computer :-)