+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have a great bill paying acc. A set amount goes into a special automatically with in minutes of being paid and when the bill comes I drop it into a box at the bank and presto it is paid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have fortnightly bpay payments set up for each bill. I like it this way as it all just happens and I don't have to think about it and I don't forget.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I quit paying bills. So now DH bpays a bit every fortnight to all bills so when they arrive in the mail they have already been paid. Apart from rego and insurance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I use centrepay for everything apart from my afterschool care fees but some months i have to pay extra on my phone bill like this week.

When i find work though i am going to have to make other arrangements though as most of my money goes to centrepay and i would hope i would work enough that my centrelink payments would be very minimal.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The house, car and school fees are automatic direct debits. For all others, I have set up bpay to pay thrm fortnightly, but different ones on different weeks.

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I pay them as they come. I have a pin board in my kitchen where the bills the are due go and i also write the due date on my calendar. As they get paid I remove the bill from the board and cross it off the calendar.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babalooba For This Useful Post:

Jarylee  (30-04-2012)

drewid is offline Meet the amazing boy who falls asleep with a sandwich in his mouth!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two accounts. I divide all our bills into monthly portions.

Non-monthly things like rego, electricity and variable things like phone bills - the portions go into an ING account to collect interest until the bill arrives. The day the bill arrives, I transfer the exact amount from the ING to my main account, and then bpay it the next day when it arrives. Done!

Regular ongoing expenses that are the same every month, like car & health insurance, I put the portions into a separate bank account linked to my main one, and they get direct debited each month. I never have to worry about the account running dry, because I put the right amount in each pay.

After years of crappy budgeting and relying on credit cards too much, this system has worked the best for us, and now we live within our means and with no stressing about bills when they come in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I pay bills weekly. Usually $20 a week on to electicity and another $20 for phone/net. This is usually enough to have the bills paid by the time they come in.
    Things like insurance i pay annually. I just make sure i have money aside for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I just pay them as they arrive. The bigger ones (rates, water, electricity) all come together quarterly.

My gym membership and phi is direct debited.

I won't direct debit phone bills as I don't want them to have the money if we have a dispute.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesushi View Post
    I pay when i get the bill by bpay, but set the transaction to the due day of the bill.
    I do this for most bills but I usually set the date for 1 or 2 days before the due date. We have a bill account which I put the fortnightly cost of all bills like electricity, internet, mobiles, swimming lessons, gymnastics, school fees or excursions, PHI and car etc.

When I get the bill I will deduct the amount from the book I use with balances and transactions of our accounts and then set up a B/Pay for a future date for most bills. Internet and DH & DD1's mobiles are pre-paid and done by eftpos whenever we need it. Swimming lessons are also eftpos and gymnastics is cash otherwise we could do cheque and wait a long time for them to bank it.

We have always had PHI come out via direct debit but when we changed PHI companies last year we had big dramas trying to sort it all out. Long story short they had taken the money out of some other poor persons account and wouldn't listen to me when I kept telling them it hadn't come out of our account. I finally worked that out myself and told them they must have a number wrong and they did. They reversed it and then wanted to fix the direct debit up again. I don't trust them so cancelled it. Now I pay in person once a month and just make sure I go in before it's due. I put a reminder on my phone (I remind myself about everything in my phone LOL) to do it which is easy enough anyway as we are near there for swimming lessons anyway.