+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Apart from my partner and my sister, I'd say three. Obviously it depends on your definition, but the reason I say 3 is because those are the people who I can go months - even years - without speaking to, and pick up exactly where we left off.
    I have a larger group of good friends, but we don't really know each other as well - or support each other as much - as the others.

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    2. Well aside from DH & mum. My besties don't live close, one is a 2.5 hour drive. the other a 2.5hour flight.

I do have a couple of girls I see somewhat regularly, but I always call those 2 for my "I need to talk" moments. My Besties and I might hardly talk, but they could tell you almost anything about me, and I about them. 1 I have know for her forever (I have a pic of us, I was 4 she was -3 months he he he). The other randomly found me online through an old blog like 7 years ago. Amazingly Just as I told my previous bestie where to go (co-incidence?)

of those i see regularly, they are always like "oh I will be here fore you" but are always too busy. yet I am always there for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have my best friend who I've gone to kindy, primary school, and high school with plus worked together twice. She's my moh next weekend and our friendship has withstood her moving to London for 3yrs and me living in the country. I just love her!

After that I have 2 other close friends that I share thoughts and secrets with, then a group of about 10 friends that I care about and catch up with.
    Last edited by nomes83; 20-04-2012 at 08:08.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    People I could call in the middle of the night, or just turn up on their doorstep in an emergency? 3, 1 lives in the same town, the others(one is our godsons parents, the other in our DDs godmother) are interstate (but I also have my mums and sister in this town for that sort of emergency)
    People who know every deep and dark secret about me? DH and DDs godmother
    People who I can have over and not worry about the mess in the house? probably another 5 people, mummy friends
    Drinking buddies? a different 2 people

I 'simplified' my life before DD arrived, after a friend of 15 years used me. I decided to cull all the 'fair weather friends' from my life, and couldnt be happier!

Thanks
    Reviews
    3. but according to certain friends 5. After announcing who would be in our wedding party it came out that 2 people im friends with think I destroyed our friendship because I didn't include them even though I was their "best friend". Yes we were friends - but if I was your * best friend* I'd hate to think how your normal friend or even enemies get treated! I may be the best friend you have but I have better friends then them :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    3 close girl friends and DH

Used to have 1 male bestie too but his partner has got in the way there

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    None. I have one friend I see occasionally? And I know we will be friends forever but we aren't that close at all.

I have a couple through DDs playgroup that I would like to be closer with but I don't want to make the first move lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Close friends 0, friends 1,

I am very close to my sister, we ring each maybe 2 or 3 times a day, she lives 5 hrs away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only have one close friend unfortunately she lives on the other side of Australia but we text nearly everyday and catch up heaps when she comes over for her once a year trips to visit family. Other then that I have my dh who I talk about everything to no matter how girly or silly lol we have so much in common and my mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've got 3 awesome BFF's and a dozen other great friends that I catch up with regularly, but we just aren't as close.