My two were born at 38 weeks and we were very lucky they were able to come home 3 days later and from then on they have been in the same room. I had them in the same cot until 2 months but my two are HUGE (even for single babies) so we put them in separate cots then. To be honest I never ever use my change table, I always change them on the lounge or rug on the floor. I'd say my top 10 essentials would be -
* Bibs and burping clothes - just the cloth nappy sort (plenty)
* Swings (I had the fisher price my little lamb's x 2 - pricey BUT I got 2 second hand on Ebay, WONDERFUL investments!!!!!!!)
* Play Gyms (Ebay, don't feel you need brand new ones)
* Bottles (I didn't breastfeed my twins so I had about 15 bottles (no joke )
* Electric Sterilizer (Again - only because I bottle fed)
* Wraps (heaps and heaps of these, all different thickness and material)
* A side by side double pram (I have a Bugaboo Donkey - in my opinion, too fancy shmancy and I'd rather a City Mini Double pram)
* A diary to take note of feeds (handy if you have two of the same sex bubs) but still I recorded both my bubs feeds for upto 1 month after we got them home to make sure they both were on the right track and in those first few months even though I had one of each I still got confused with who had what and when.
* Dummies - I have so many of these because magically they all dissapear when I am looking for them, I keep a set of them stashed away in most of the rooms
I didn't have the bubs co sleep in our room but always left their door open so I could hear them if they woke during the night, they went straight into cots and I bipassed the bassinets.
It's all individual I guess, you just sort of work it out as you go