+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Essential items before twins arrive..

Just wanting to hear from those who have been there, what's the essential stuff to buy?
    I suppose I'm a bit nervous buying much incase they are born super early and it will be a waste of money..ifykwim? I have the furniture still from last bub. Do they sleep together? Can I put off buying another cot at the moment?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bumping!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm still pregnant with my twins but I am going to sleep them together in a cot up against our bed with the side off for the first few months. I have got a double layback stroller (only one that will fit in the car) which I will rotate the twins and my 2 yr old between that and a sling. I am also going to get a bigger double pram that I can walk with. My sil is buying me a twin bf pillow. Borrowing capsules off a friend for 5-6 months then will move DS (2 yr old) into a bigger car seat and the twins into his seat and buy another one. And another set of drawers for their clothes. I will also get a better breast pump, but will prob wait til after they are born to see. People tell me I'll need a tandem one but I HATE pumping so don't really think I'll do it often if I don't need to to build supply. I'll see what I feel I need at the time. I think thats it. We already have clothes, change table, rockers, high chairs etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My girls are 2 and still sleep together in the same cot. It was risky between crawling & standing stage as they would sleep on top of each other/squish each other into cot sides. I tried to separate them but they just cried & cried.

A good tandem pram.

An over sized nappy bag.

Double happier, bibs, clothes etc.

That's about all I started out with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteKnight View Post
    My girls are 2 and still sleep together in the same cot. It was risky between crawling & standing stage as they would sleep on top of each other/squish each other into cot sides. I tried to separate them but they just cried & cried.

A good tandem pram.

An over sized nappy bag.

Double happier, bibs, clothes etc.

That's about all I started out with.
    Wow! They still sleep together! That's amazing, when will they go into beds? Will you keep them in the same room?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was planning getting them their own beds for their 2nd birthday and keeping them in the same room. But their dad passed away 2 months prior and everyone said to keep them together for now.

I'll probably introduce the beds by 2 and a half.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteKnight View Post
    I was planning getting them their own beds for their 2nd birthday and keeping them in the same room. But their dad passed away 2 months prior and everyone said to keep them together for now.

I'll probably introduce the beds by 2 and a half.
    Oh I'm so sorry
    Absolutly that's the best idea, all the best x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I only bought 1 cot, my pair have just turned 3 and are still sleeping together In a double bed now though.

If you're planning on BF I'd get a good pillow, I sometimes just used a boomerang pillow as it was less bulky then the twin one I had.

Good tandem pram (loved my side by side)

2 swings, life savers sometimes!

All I can think of, just your usual baby items really. Just doubled.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll be back in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My girls were premature and so separated until a week before they came home. So I don't think they had the same dependence on each other that other twins do. We used one cot until 6 months, C never slept well and started keeping G awake. They were in my room untill about 6 months, and then I got tired of listening to G chat to herself at 5 am. When I moved them out I separated them then, but they can see each other.

I used to put one on the lounge next to me while feeding/settling the other, but they we're tiny. Did use 2 bouncers from when they were term. I was given 2 secondhand bouncers so never bought swings, was lent one but never used it.

We had significant bf issues, one bf well, I expressed for the other, but I had a medulla swing and it just wasn't enough. In hindsight I would have mixed fed from the beginning, I expressed every feed for C for 6 months. I was determined to bf both but I couldn't twin feed in public-the chairs in the baby rooms didn't accommodate and I has to listen to one scream, and my girls weren't fast feeders!

I ended up buying a sling early on, one wasn't a good sleeper.

I never dress the girls the same so didn't need double the clothes, maybe just 1.5x.

A breastfeeding pillow for twins, they don't both fit on a standard.

You don't need double toys, they only play with one thing at a time.

Anything else?