+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger

Default I need some help... what computer?

I might get the opertunity to get an Apple desktop from the local Uni soon, as they're upgrading, but not sure if it will be worth it and need some opinions.

Any tech people, what should I be looking for in a computer? What is important.

I plan to use it for basic internet stuff, but mostly photoshop.

Anyone able to help me? What do I want and need to look for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    I might get the opertunity to get an Apple desktop from the local Uni soon, as they're upgrading, but not sure if it will be worth it and need some opinions.

Honestly if u r only interested in PS n the net... Not games etc...it depends on ur budget....compare around. At a minimum if ur not wanting to upgrade in a yr or 2...get 4gb ram... A hard disk drive (hdd) of at LEAST 100gb more is preferred as a lot of RAW photos r freaken huge! As for CPU u can b flexible with it coz ur not running hardcore things on it so don't fret too severely about that just look that the higher the number CPU the better the computer is.
    Ask the tech/sales person for a NON onboard video card as these r usually sh1t...that'll just help u with ur display etc.

Hope that helps?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post

Honestly if you are planning on using it mostly for photoshop I would say get an Apple Mac. The reason behind this is that every one that I know that has to do design work of any kind uses a Mac, and from personal experience I know that when my DH wants to edit a photo he always insists on using the Mac as it is better for viewing them. But in the end it will come down to personal preference.