+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default my face!! :-(

Im 16 (and a half!) weeks pregnant, and since being pregnant my face is out of control. my skin is very red, its dry and sometimes itchy. its so bad that people often comment and ask whats wrong with my face. i moisturise multiple times a day with a hydrating cream, i drink 2 litres of water to try and hydrate from within. i have tried emu oil, nutty creams and different brands. i hate that its my face and i cant hide how horrible it looks. i'm embarrassed to be out and about because my face glows red. i thought pregnant women were supposed to glow with health and beauty, not redness! anyone experienced/ experiencing anything similar?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had this a bit during the early stages of this pregnancy.

I put coconut oil on my face at night and it really calmed it down. Maybe give that a go?

Just remember it's a temporary thing...it's probably due to those crazy pregnancy hormones

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this, it was eczema and I didnt even realise until it was so bad i went to a dr and got referred to a dermatologist, Go see a dermatologist. they work wonders good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When I was pregnant with DD2 My psoriasis went crazy, I looked like a spotty dog with brown spots all over my body!! Being pregnant I couldn't really use many of the products so I went swimming in chlorine as often as possible which helped.
    I'd see a doctor to get a diagnosis, but it does sound like a dermatitis of some sort. Pregnancy hormones really make the whole body go crazy!

Another natural thing to consider trying is a hazel wood bracelet or necklace. I've found hazel wood to work wonders for my many dermatitises. I buy mine from allaboutamber.com.au

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey there. thanks for your responses. I have had ezcema my whole life- and currently do but whats going on with my face seems different. I had the most amazing facial today which helped a little, although the woman recommended a bunch of products all priced over $1oo each! she said the whole top layer of my skin was missing, from flaking off and being so itchy :-(. so maybe il will ask for a referral to a dermatologist and see what they can offer. thanks again.