+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any one else formula feeding 4 month old?

Just wondering if anyone else has a four month old on formula. How much do they take per feed? how often and how many feeds a day. My girl just doesn't seem to be able to take a whole bottle in one sitting. Just curious

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS is 14 weeks. He takes 5-6 bottles per 24 hours, 150ml usually but have been playing around with 180ml. Sometimes he takes it all, sometimes not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS is 4.5 months and has 6 bottles a day I make then up at 210mL. Sometimes he drinks it all, other times he leaves 20-30mL.

But he is a big boy at 8.8kg!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing because I'm having the same issues, only taking 90mls every 2-2.5 hours and sleeps 40 mins. Have lost count of the amount of bottles i go through

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a 5 month old but when he was 4 month he was taking 150-200 Mls every 4 hours. At the moment though he hardly ever wants a bottle and just wants food. But will very rarely finish a bottle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is 4 months on Sunday. She has 200mls every 4 hours. So three feeds through the day and one overnight. When she was about 2 months she was only having about 100mls every 2 hrs but I was confusing her tired signs for hungry ones so instead I jut used to settle her by rocking and then she went 4hours by herself. Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    my boy is nearly 5 months old and he drinks 200ml every 2 and half hours. he is a hungry boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebek1 View Post
    Subscribing because I'm having the same issues, only taking 90mls every 2-2.5 hours and sleeps 40 mins. Have lost count of the amount of bottles i go through
    I had this problem... Very Small feeds very regularly.. Turns out we were screwing the lids on too tight so air couldn't get in around the rim and the suction made it too hard for DS to suck. We also ended up punching another hole in teat to allow more milk out.. He ended up having Verbal Dyspraxia and low tone so it would have been incredibly hard for him to get any milk out of the bottles with how tight we'd done them up. Instant started drinking more after we did those things :-)

***Happy to be a Mummy & Daddy of ONE! :-) ***

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

Bebek1  (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is 3.5 months old and is only having 4 bottles per day (Nan Pro Gold formula) and I make these up at 180mls but often he will leave 30mls or so. He normally drinks all his first morning bottle though.

He is almost 6kg and has some lovely rolls on his legs. He rarely throws up though so is keeping down everything he does drink. The tin amounts are just a guide, as long as they are putting on weight and have plenty of wet and dirty nappies its all fine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD is 3 months. During the day she drinks about 160-200mls every 2-4 hours. And then at night about 80-120mls from 8 to 11 every hour until she falls asleep for the night...

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub