+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dating scan today

Hi all,
    I'm off to my dating scan in an hour. Exciting but currently filling my bladder. Hate that bit! I am estimating I am maybe a day or two off 8 weeks. Fingers crossed all is ok. I had a miscarriage in February so we were lucky to fall so soon. This pregnancy has come with lots of symptoms, which is a good sign
    Last edited by harmonysweetpea; 20-04-2012 at 07:06.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    good luck! are ou due in Nov? Are u in our Nov FB group??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you both and it seems those Clear blue digital tests really are not that accurate. The test told me I was 3+ weeks which means 5+ pregnant, back at the end of March. So going from my dates I estimated I was now about 8 weeks. Turns out I'm only 6w, 4 days today and not due until 10 December.

Now I'm completely horrified that I feel so sick already. I have been feeling nauceaus, excessively tired and all the other fun stuff that goes with it for about 2-3 weeks already, with no relief in sight. Yet most of the books suggest that doesn't start until around week 6. I must be unlucky. But I know its all a good sign, especially after the miscarriage earlier this year.

I did find it strange that this time the person only did the external ultrasound. Normally that early they always do the internal too or perhaps my bladder really was well and truely full enough this time. Oh well.. such a long wait ahead!

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    yeh those clearblue are really unreliable, go by the scan.

i think it depends what they can see - a had a scan at 6+4 as well and they started with an external but then did internal cos they couldn't see. If they can see i guess they don't do internals?

so they said all is well with bub?? thats excellent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello. yeah, Im not sure those lines are always right. I had a miscarriage in Oct (at around 9 weeks) , Im now pregnant and due in sept. when i thought i was pregnant at the end of jan I did a home pregnancy test but it said not pregnant. -turns out it was wrong! (i guess too early for it to detect the pregnancy- hormones must be slightly different for everyone). i saw my obs last time and have been going again this pregnancy but have not had an internal on either occasion. I get the impression they are not standard.
    Ive also decided books dont really know what they are talking about. The books I have read say the tiredness stops when you start the second trimester but that hasnt been true for me. Guess you just have to take it as it comes.
    best of luck. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh well, I'm glad I may not have to worry with the internal ultrasound for the duration of this pregnancy. I guess it was because I had issues they had to with the last one even though I'm around a similar time. I so hope the tiredness goes away. Individual differences are so extreme with pregnancy. I am probably going to watch a dvd and go to bed by 8pm tonight... and its Friday lol I used to stay up til super late scrapbooking. No energy to do anything. But yes, all was positive with the scan so that's the important thing