+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lupa is offline I love that I am apart of this club called motherhood
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would introduce weetbix for brekky, start with 1/8 of a biscuit and mix with a ripe banana (unripe will bind but ripe helps the bowel) and breastmilk. Weetbix has this wonderful ability to keep babies regular. Gradually increase the amount. This will also help decrease the risk of coeliac disease. They make organic weetbix now too!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It isn't constipation if she is going for a poo, the problem is hard stools. Constipation is when bub actually doesn't go at all over a period of time.
    I find banana causes problems for my ds so we limit the amount we give him and ensure he has plenty of water. If its very severe a few doses of coloxyl helps soften the stools. Diluted prune juice too, I just give quarter prune juice in three quarters water.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh and weetbix for breakfast is a great help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gave my baby prune juice when we first started solids to help him digest easier. Constipation is painful. You can include it in the meals or syringe feed it to your bubs. Mine liked the taste & this is what the nurse recommended. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys,
    DD seems a lot better now, I have reduced her feeds to once a day 2-3 tbspn, and today for the first day, no screaming. She was the exact opposite. Very runny and lots of it! I did give her a very small amount of a herbal laxative (similar to prune juice)a few days ago. She started to get better yesterday, but no prob today.
    Its still got me wondering... Was it the potatoe, or have I been giving her too much too soon? My gut tells me the potatoe. Think I will reduce the amount of solids for a few days and take it from there.
    I have an appt with MCHN on thurs, so will def have to bring it up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lupa View Post
    I would introduce weetbix for brekky, start with 1/8 of a biscuit and mix with a ripe banana (unripe will bind but ripe helps the bowel) and breastmilk. Weetbix has this wonderful ability to keep babies regular. Gradually increase the amount. This will also help decrease the risk of coeliac disease. They make organic weetbix now too!

Definately not.

I found my DD7 was constipated at 8mo and that was because she was finishing off DD6's WeatBix. I did some research at the time and found that WeatBix can cause constipation in some bubs and thus is not reccommended under 9mo.

DD7 tried it again at 10mo and was fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    Definately not.

I found my DD7 was constipated at 8mo and that was because she was finishing off DD6's WeatBix. I did some research at the time and found that WeatBix can cause constipation in some bubs and thus is not reccommended under 9mo.

DD7 tried it again at 10mo and was fine.
    Wow, you are so definite! My doc recommends giving weetbix to help babies with constipation and it works pretty much everytime. He says its one of the best foods that gives us control over their bowels. Everyone's different obviously.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofaWarrior View Post
    Thanks guys,
    DD seems a lot better now, I have reduced her feeds to once a day 2-3 tbspn, and today for the first day, no screaming. She was the exact opposite. Very runny and lots of it! I did give her a very small amount of a herbal laxative (similar to prune juice)a few days ago. She started to get better yesterday, but no prob today.
    Its still got me wondering... Was it the potatoe, or have I been giving her too much too soon? My gut tells me the potatoe. Think I will reduce the amount of solids for a few days and take it from there.
    I have an appt with MCHN on thurs, so will def have to bring it up.
    I'm glad its a lot better. Yes, always go with your gut!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lupa For This Useful Post:

SpiritofaWarrior  (23-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear it's a lot better now. It's no fun to see your little one in pain!

My little man has trouble with constipation. We worked out it's caused by baby cereal, especially the type with 'extra iron', etc., and bananas. He would do this tiny, pellet poo, and although he wouldn't cry you could tell when he was passing it he was uncomfortable. I felt horrible. We now have oats or Wheatbix with yogurt or fruit for brekkie and he's much better. I just make sure he gets at least one meal a day with meat in it to make sure he's getting his iron, plus he often has baked beans for lunch which has iron too. Also, I think I gave him too much food in the beginning and he got constipated from that, too.

Hope all continues to go well for you! =)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ayashe For This Useful Post:

SpiritofaWarrior  (27-04-2012)