+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    lupa's Avatar
    lupa is offline I love that I am apart of this club called motherhood
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked
    15
    Reviews
    0
    I would introduce weetbix for brekky, start with 1/8 of a biscuit and mix with a ripe banana (unripe will bind but ripe helps the bowel) and breastmilk. Weetbix has this wonderful ability to keep babies regular. Gradually increase the amount. This will also help decrease the risk of coeliac disease. They make organic weetbix now too!

    Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Kimberley WA
    Posts
    4,620
    Thanks
    916
    Thanked
    1,179
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It isn't constipation if she is going for a poo, the problem is hard stools. Constipation is when bub actually doesn't go at all over a period of time.
    I find banana causes problems for my ds so we limit the amount we give him and ensure he has plenty of water. If its very severe a few doses of coloxyl helps soften the stools. Diluted prune juice too, I just give quarter prune juice in three quarters water.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Kimberley WA
    Posts
    4,620
    Thanks
    916
    Thanked
    1,179
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh and weetbix for breakfast is a great help!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked
    1
    Reviews
    0
    I gave my baby prune juice when we first started solids to help him digest easier. Constipation is painful. You can include it in the meals or syringe feed it to your bubs. Mine liked the taste & this is what the nurse recommended. Good luck

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    488
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked
    49
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks guys,
    DD seems a lot better now, I have reduced her feeds to once a day 2-3 tbspn, and today for the first day, no screaming. She was the exact opposite. Very runny and lots of it! I did give her a very small amount of a herbal laxative (similar to prune juice)a few days ago. She started to get better yesterday, but no prob today.
    Its still got me wondering... Was it the potatoe, or have I been giving her too much too soon? My gut tells me the potatoe. Think I will reduce the amount of solids for a few days and take it from there.
    I have an appt with MCHN on thurs, so will def have to bring it up.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,095
    Thanks
    399
    Thanked
    747
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lupa View Post
    I would introduce weetbix for brekky, start with 1/8 of a biscuit and mix with a ripe banana (unripe will bind but ripe helps the bowel) and breastmilk. Weetbix has this wonderful ability to keep babies regular. Gradually increase the amount. This will also help decrease the risk of coeliac disease. They make organic weetbix now too!

    Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub
    Definately not.

    I found my DD7 was constipated at 8mo and that was because she was finishing off DD6's WeatBix. I did some research at the time and found that WeatBix can cause constipation in some bubs and thus is not reccommended under 9mo.

    DD7 tried it again at 10mo and was fine.

  7. #17
    lupa's Avatar
    lupa is offline I love that I am apart of this club called motherhood
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked
    15
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    Definately not.

    I found my DD7 was constipated at 8mo and that was because she was finishing off DD6's WeatBix. I did some research at the time and found that WeatBix can cause constipation in some bubs and thus is not reccommended under 9mo.

    DD7 tried it again at 10mo and was fine.
    Wow, you are so definite! My doc recommends giving weetbix to help babies with constipation and it works pretty much everytime. He says its one of the best foods that gives us control over their bowels. Everyone's different obviously.


    Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

  8. #18
    lupa's Avatar
    lupa is offline I love that I am apart of this club called motherhood
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    247
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked
    15
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofaWarrior View Post
    Thanks guys,
    DD seems a lot better now, I have reduced her feeds to once a day 2-3 tbspn, and today for the first day, no screaming. She was the exact opposite. Very runny and lots of it! I did give her a very small amount of a herbal laxative (similar to prune juice)a few days ago. She started to get better yesterday, but no prob today.
    Its still got me wondering... Was it the potatoe, or have I been giving her too much too soon? My gut tells me the potatoe. Think I will reduce the amount of solids for a few days and take it from there.
    I have an appt with MCHN on thurs, so will def have to bring it up.
    I'm glad its a lot better. Yes, always go with your gut!

    Sent from my HTC Incredible S using BubHub

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to lupa For This Useful Post:

    SpiritofaWarrior  (23-04-2012)

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked
    5
    Reviews
    0
    Glad to hear it's a lot better now. It's no fun to see your little one in pain!

    My little man has trouble with constipation. We worked out it's caused by baby cereal, especially the type with 'extra iron', etc., and bananas. He would do this tiny, pellet poo, and although he wouldn't cry you could tell when he was passing it he was uncomfortable. I felt horrible. We now have oats or Wheatbix with yogurt or fruit for brekkie and he's much better. I just make sure he gets at least one meal a day with meat in it to make sure he's getting his iron, plus he often has baked beans for lunch which has iron too. Also, I think I gave him too much food in the beginning and he got constipated from that, too.

    Hope all continues to go well for you! =)

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to ayashe For This Useful Post:

    SpiritofaWarrior  (27-04-2012)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-10-2012, 15:03
  2. 15 month old waking up screaming hysterically
    By knomie in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 14-09-2012, 20:44
  3. 14 month old screaming all night every night
    By goldencrumble in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 29-05-2012, 14:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Riverton Leisureplex
An Extreme Family Pass at Riverton Leisureplex is the ultimate way to cool off during the summer school holidays. The $30 Pass allows pool and waterslide access for 2 adults and 2 children, as well as a drink, popcorn and an icy pole for each person.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
Carmels Beauty Secrets
An online beauty and wellness site which offers simple and effective time saving methods and tips which help you look younger for longer.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!