+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I need feminism because I am equal to a man and I deserve equal rights!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I need feminism because my choices, to have children, to breastfeed, to study, to work, to eventually start my own business, are valid.

I need feminism because my children need to see that they can do anything regardless of whether they are a man or a woman.

I need feminism because everyone everywhere deserves equality.

I need feminism because I've seen the stoning of Soraya M.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I need feminism because women are still judged for having sex.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I need feminism for my son as much as my daughter. For my DD to see her self worth and potential, but for my son to realise that his and females potential is the same as well.

I need feminism bc DV is still a serious problem in our society, which is fueled by patriarchy telling men they aren't to be held accountable for their tempers bc well men can only put up with so much.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Wippy  (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    None of us needs feminism - feminism needs us to continue to demand equality and promote equality and expect equality

Feminism cannot do this for you, men and woman supporting the ideal of feminism will do this.

Feminism is a belief, or a thought or an ideal - people becoming feminists, people actively thinking and being equal and demanding equality will bring about equality.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

shelle65  (20-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    I don't certainly don't need feminism in any shape or form. A heap of rot that's ruined almost every good thing about being a woman.
    That's very interesting. How has feminism done that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I would've been absolutely screwed if feminists hadn't fought for my rights.

I would have had to have stayed with abusive XDP and if he left me or passed away I would have had to live like my great-grandmother - I would've had to leave my very young child at home to fend for himself while I work as a seamstress for a pittance so we could *just* survive.

Thankfully, thanks to feminism, I DID leave my abusive ex and I work for a REAL wage and have the opportunity to put DS in child care while I work.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (24-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Who Needs Feminism

Thanks for all the great ideas on this site about why you need feminism. Now don't forget to go to the original tumblr and submit them there, too, for the world to see! http://whoneedsfeminism.tumblr.com The students are so excited to see support coming from, literally, across the globe.