+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Flabby left overs..... What to do??

So im losing weight and im not sure what exercises are best for losing the flabby bit of my arms,
    making sure my tummy doesnt have any saggy skin ( once weight is gone)
    and something to help my bum get all nice!

At the moment this is the exercising i do.
    -i run every day
    -sit ups everyday
    -push ups everyday (womans version)
    -bike ride 5-6 times a week
    -jumping on the trampoline 5-6 times a week
    -and i lay on my bsck hold my dds hand and lift her in the air with my legs, hold her up in the air then i do like squat movements like bring her down to my chest then back up (all with my legs)

So am i doing the right thing for arms belly and but or is there more i should be doing????

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do overhead tricep extensions (with a fairly heavy hand weight) to tone up the back of my arms. They work a treat! Everything else you're doing sounds great.
    Last edited by scarymarygoldfish; 19-04-2012 at 11:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    You should definitely add some weights to your program - once or twice a week. Pushups too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by scarymarygoldfish View Post
    I do overhead tricep extensions (with a fairly heavy hand weight) to tone up the back of my arms. They work a treat! Everything else you're doing sounds great.
    Is that just like raising arms up straight it the air? Do you recommend a certain weight , i was looking at 1kilo dunbells the other day and they felt extremely light.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    You should definitely add some weights to your program - once or twice a week. Pushups too
    I was thinking weights to! I do push ups but the women version cause i have nowhere near enough strength to hold my self up to do the proper version haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would do : Pushups, weighted squats and lunges, triceps extensions with at least4kg, depending on how strong you are, dead rows, bicep curls and hovers/side hovers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's cool, just do the knee pushups and make them lower and lower, then try to add just one full pushup (even if you onlyu go down a little way) and build it from there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbygirl View Post
    So im losing weight and im not sure what exercises are best for losing the flabby bit of my arms,
    making sure my tummy doesnt have any saggy skin ( once weight is gone)
    and something to help my bum get all nice!

At the moment this is the exercising i do.
    -i run every day
    -sit ups everyday
    -push ups everyday (womans version)
    -bike ride 5-6 times a week
    -jumping on the trampoline 5-6 times a week
    -and i lay on my bsck hold my dds hand and lift her in the air with my legs, hold her up in the air then i do like squat movements like bring her down to my chest then back up (all with my legs)

So am i doing the right thing for arms belly and but or is there more i should be doing????
    Sounds like your doing great! And lots of cardio which is important for weight loss. But in terms of your resistance training;

If your just doing traditional sit ups, your only really working one of you major stomach muscles. By adding things like planks, sit ups with a twist/medicine ball or elbow to knew crunches you will work all three major stomach muscles & have a much more holistic work out.

Same for push ups (depending on what type your currently doing) by adding wide arm push up, hands together push ups, push ups with elbows by your side & tricep dips you can work your whole arm.

Best but/thigh toning exercise,
    hands down are squats. Feet Shoulder width apart squats, Wide leg (sumo squats), forward and side lunges & squat jumps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is the duration and intensity of your cardio sessions? Also, are you breastfeeeding? How long since you gave birth? At first glance, it actually looks like you're doing a bit too much. Your muscles need time between workouts to recover, otherwise you will end up burning lean muscle tissue rather than fat. Also, the body uses fat to repair the muscles after a good cardio or weights session.

The strength / resistance training ideas so far are good ones. I'd suggest cutting your cardio back to no more than 4 sessions a week and adding strength training to that. Recent research also suggests that you lose more fat with interval training than straight cardio, and your running and cycling are both perfect for that. So depending on how fit you are (you sound fit!) I'd recommend intervals of 10 seconds, followed by slo exercise for 20 seconds. So I'd structure your cardio like this:

1. 10 seconds as fast as you can go. In this time, your body will use its oxygen stores to burn fat.
    2. 20 seconds at a slow pace. (By slow, I mean roughly 60% of your max heart rate). During this time, your body will build up its oxygen stores. This bit is critical, because the body needs oxygen to burn fat.
    3. Repeat for 10-15 mins.
    4. Rest for 10-15 minutes.
    5. Then go again for 10-15 minutes. Then stop and relax!

Keep up the protein in your diet. You'll need it to keep your muscles in good condition.

I would say good luck, but don't think you need it - you sound really motivated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbygirl View Post
    Is that just like raising arms up straight it the air? Do you recommend a certain weight , i was looking at 1kilo dunbells the other day and they felt extremely light.
    Yep, with your elbows close to your head just lift and slowly release. I use 8.5kgs but I like muscle. It depends on what you're after. Also, I'd highly recommend joining a gym or going to a personal trainer because if you're really serious, you'll need to mix up your routine. You'll soon get very tired of doing the same old exercises over and over. They will work muscles you didn't know you have and don't know how to work.
    Last edited by scarymarygoldfish; 19-04-2012 at 20:10. Reason: bloody spelling!