+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe having 28 days off ttc could be a positive thing - give you a chance to relax and not think about it for a month? Easy for me to say of course.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    Um, okay, so it's normal for adults to get a whooping cough vaccine?? I did not know about this...do you all just pop along to the docs and get it done?? I haven't had a vaccine since I was about 14....and thought that was very normal....
    Yup - one of the main reasons for the whooping cough epidemic is low herd immunity - this includes our entire herd, babies, toddlers, adults.

OP, I'd get it done for the reason a PP mentioned - if you are TTC you will need/want whooping cough immunity anyway. So may as well nip it in the bud now!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to becandabub For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (19-04-2012),jacobsmamma  (19-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    read this link:

http://shotbyshot.org/pertussis/kaliahs-story/

basically this mum wasnt vaccinated before or during pregnancy, had a slight cough whilst in hospital, her newborn baby girl caught it at 10 days of age and died at 27 days. the mum was vaccinated post birth, but she already had the disease (& vaccines take ten days to work regardless).

so yes, id be getting the vax whilst TTC, even if it means taking a month's break. and the bonus is your friend will love you for it too :-)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mum2one99 For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (19-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I would get it. I have a new bub no one was allowed to visit in the first six weeks unless they have had it. I got a letter in the mail from the government about how Australia is having a wc epedemic at the moment. Saying anyone who is coming into contact with your baby should have it. We have been bombarded with info about it at the end of my pregnancy from government/ hospital etc so must be bad at the moment. So so important to get it to protect your friends Bub but your future one as well. My Gp told us you wouldn't believe the cases she sees every week. It may be annoying for adults and they think it's just a tickle in the throat cough but is deadly for babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd get it. I had a huge pre conception check up and was low on rubella and chicken pox - funnily enough wasn't immunized for whooping cough as it wasn't suggested.

We stopped TTC for a month but got pregnant 5 weeks after the jabs. I will be telling those in regular contact with bubs (grandparents etc) to be immunized.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think she should be understanding to why you wouldn't want to get the shot at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Its fair enough for you to not want to get the shot but then you shouldnt mind too much about being restricted near the bub till its had all its vaccines (6mths).

As a new parent a few years ago - I restricted regular access to bub to people who had had the shot.