+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would, it's good to have it before baby is conceived. I got it when I was TTC, I get it too if you don't want to sacrifice that month, but agree with PPs, she may avoid you until baby is ready. I think it's wonderful she thinks you'll be a part of babies life like this.

My grandmother and mother got it when DS was about to be born, DHs family are 100% up to date due to lots of babies and the nature of their work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for all the replies! I live in Brisbane and I don't think I'm in a high exposure zone or anything. She has asked her siblings, patents and grandparents, and then also me but no one else. I absolutely understand if she would prefer me to stay away from the baby, no question. The hardest thing is having to stop ttc for a while as our journey has been so difficult so far. I really appreciate all your comments!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're starting to tttc next month and on my gp recommendation I got a whopping cough and flu vac in preparation. He said that there were no waiting times for either before you tttc, so not sure whose info us right? You said 28days wait, is that from your gp?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The whooping cough vaccine doesnt affect TTC though does it? At least thats what my doctor told me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would as if you are ttc it's one less thing to get after bub is born so less of a worry for later. She should be aware though that just because you are vax doesn't mean you can't catch it. I got the vaccine and still caught whooping cough. My dr advised all it does is possibly lower the effect it has on you if you do catch it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just heard today that a friend of mine has whooping cough and has passed it on to her newborn baby. It looks like they'll be fine though thankfully. They were told they most likely picked it up in the hospital (bubs is only a few weeks old)
    Knowing what I know now, I wish I'd had the vaccination before falling pregnant (I'm 18 weeks) but will have to wait till after the birth.
    But totally a personal choice for you and how you may feel to not be near the baby for some time.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 5thbubontheway For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh! I thought it did! No maybe I'm wrong then! That would be amazing if I didn't have to wait at all! Oh that would be so great cos I really want to do the right thing by my friend but would find it so hard to put things on hold. Now I feel so silly for not checking this properly, I just read somewhere that it was pretty standard to have to wait 28 days so assumed it would be same for this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry that last post of mine was in reply to starflame and nomes83's comments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My GP said nothing about it, but I was still a month off from my wedding (TTC for a year and a bit from my wedding before we got pregnant).

Thanks
    Reviews
    As someone who is TTC you should have it before you conceived anyway... Get it done!

***Happy to be a Mummy & Daddy of ONE! :-) ***