+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Changing 1 year old to cows milk?

So my DD turned 1 a couple of weeks ago, and for the past week I have been adding cows milk to her bottles of formular ( she has been on formular since she was a couple of weeks old) she seems fine with cows milk and has it with her weetbix as well but i have a couple of questions;
    How much cows milk can she have per day? As she usually has 4 bottles per day at the moment when she wakes up when she goes down for naps and when she goes to bed at night ( she does eat properly as well )
    And should I just give her straight cows milk now instead of with the formular?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my long post lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just did a 100% straight switch from formula to cows milk.... had no probs there..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I started giving ds cows milk just before he turned 1 and he is fine. I do still give him a bottle of formula at bedtime though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As soon as dd was 1 I changed her straight from formula to cows milk with no issues at all. She just asked for her "bob-bob" (what she called a bottle) and I'd give it to her. She probably had 3 or so bottles and one at night but that always varied with how much she chose to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner and how many snacks she had during the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think the recommendation is no more than 500mls per day after the age of 1 of any milk, mainly as their nutrients should now mainly come from solids and too much milk can fill them up!