+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It wouldnt bother me as I dont offer my bag, due to the amount of times I have and they dont even pay attention to you. So I just give up. If they ask I show. Im not bothered. Some people have shizzle customer service.

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah I am one who just walk out, I will stop if asked though. I have actually Walked out of shops with things accidentally because my bag wasn't checked, including an actual bag.

There is someone put on the Door to check the bag, If they choose to stand there and chat, or not pay attention them I am not going to remind them to do their job. I do that enough at home with my family.

If I go to a shop where there is no one on door check and I accidentally take something i will return it, otherwise someone had a job to be doing and didn't

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work in a rather large pharmacy, and our training says that legally they have no right to bag inspect let alone pram inspect, they cannot even detain you in a store or chase u once you leave. But somehow large department stores get away with it because of some loophole. In essence it is an invasion of privacy. They can't also inspect a bag smaller than an A4 sheet of paper. I can't wait till my LO is here and a store employee does that to me. I will be livid at them, they will wish they never stopped me.

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, so according to: http://hsc.csu.edu.au/retail/compuls...bag_checks.htm

In accordance with the Code, personal hand bags will not be checked unless larger than a sheet of foolscap paper, ie. 337 x 206 mm, or the shopkeeper is certain that the handbag conceals unpaid for goods that are the property of the shopkeeper. All other bags, cartons, parcels and containers that could reasonably be expected to conceal goods may be checked.

So just printing the industry standard sing on A4 does not mean the can use that sizing.

Also under most prams is considered a Bag, It can be checked.

But still.. Common Courtesy should apply.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I would have said something about her touching the pram. That's not on.

Also, the waiting would have irked me. I personally don't wait for the door staff to come and check my bags. It's fine if the company insists on bag checks, whatever, but if they aren't ready to check as I'm leaving, then that's their problem.
    Me neither I won't wait if there is a line up to get out simply to get my bag checked I walk out.

OP- I do think it was rude and I also find the bag check lady at my local big w too be really rude and judgey when checking bags too. Wants to see in every bag and see every recipt and look at the recipt and match every item on the recipt to the items in the bag. It's a nightmare at christmas time.

I think her looking you up and down was uncalled for, she should not have touched your pram and could have at least said thanks have a nice day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If they ask and DD is asleep I just say no, nothing they can do, they can call the cops and I might show them provided that DD is awake but they won't come unless there is evidence I shop lifted.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleven Eleven For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (19-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What are they going to do if you say no to inspection? Unless they have evidence that you've pinched something, they can't retain you. I'd inform them to just call the cops, FFS!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wouldn't have bothered me, but I've had lots of parents use their prams/babies to try to hide stolen goods.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work in Retail so see both sides.. If you're not happy with her customer service complain to the store.. Complaining on here won't help anything :-)

***Happy to be a Mummy & Daddy of ONE! :-) ***

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    I work in Retail so see both sides.. If you're not happy with her customer service complain to the store.. Complaining on here won't help anything :-)
    I'm not sure about that... Discussions like this one inform people of their rights, and bad press is powerful.

My understanding is that you can't force anyone to show anything, no matter the size. If a store truly suspects theft they can call the police, and if they're wrong there are serious repercussions.

I offer my bag if someone is ready to look in it, but I never volunteer things under the pram, in a trolley etc. It's usually pretty pointless anyway; they rarely look properly and fail to ask about items I could easily have taken. I think it's a lazy security measure, and only tolerate it to a very limited extent.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (19-04-2012)