+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Oblena is offline I've done it in public and I'll do it again - I don't care who sees!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't stand and wait to be checked - if they are not ready or too busy too bad

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't have waited for her as I only stop if they ask me to.

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smileygirl View Post
    i don't ever stop and wait....i walk through at normal pace. If they approach me I am happy to stop and open my bag.

I certainly would not wait for them to finish talking.
    This... with 2 kids normally screaming because they hate the pram that day or i took something off them that they grabbed off a shelf or what not, im not going to waste my time standing around waiting for them to finish what they are doing to check my bags

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've never had anyone touch my pram, I'd be annoyed at that alone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have had the same one continuously read my receipts (like, for 2 mins at least), if i have another bag from another store, then she always wants me to lift up the sheet covering baby, then to lift the baby from sleeping position so she can inspect my EMPTY bl@@dy basket. she could see baby was sleeping, but nooooo, she was wanting me to lift him into a sitting position so she can see. next time i'll just walk off and tell her where to stick her inspection. seriously, i don't mind them looking, but this one woman always take it to extremes. when i see her at one of the checkouts, i refuse to go to hers.
    Last edited by GlitterFarts; 18-04-2012 at 21:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to work for BigW and JBHiFi and I can tell you, you have every right not to show them the inside of a bag, smaller than an A4 piece of paper...
    And they CANNOT touch anything of yours, whether it's on you or in a pram, trolley what have you..

Though some people can never be pleased, I got In trouble once because at JB they stamp the receipt and a customer got angry because I couldn't put my hand in the bag to get the receipt...

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've had someone ask to inspect my backpack until I've pointed out its my baby in the ergo!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Benji  (19-04-2012),delirium  (19-04-2012),Gandalf  (19-04-2012),lovesushi  (19-04-2012),trishalishous  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I've had someone ask to inspect my backpack until I've pointed out its my baby in the ergo!
    Hahahaha that made me giggle!

I dont offer my bags either unless I am politely asked. Some of the ladies at our Big W, know me quite well and we've had many chats about all sorts of topics before. Yet they still ask me to check my bags and I am not worried about it.
    IF they were to obviously look me up and down a few times with a suspicious look on their face, I would say something like "Yes, I just put 12 pairs of Big W pants in that bag and half a dozen bra's in the other. Why are you looking at me like that? I thought this 'paying for goods' thing was just a joke?!"

I don't understand why she just didn't ask "may I check your bags?" It would have saved time and frustration for both of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    They aren't allowed to look in a bag smaller than a loaf of bread. A bag within a nappy bag would probably be too small?
    My local IGA look in my little clutch all the time and when I asked why she told me "people can steal lollies you know!"
    I will pay $150 on groceries but steal $2 worth of lollies? I never say anything because I always know they are just doing their job

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (19-04-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Misschief View Post
    Hahahaha that made me giggle!

I dont offer my bags either unless I am politely asked. Some of the ladies at our Big W, know me quite well and we've had many chats about all sorts of topics before. Yet they still ask me to check my bags and I am not worried about it.
    IF they were to obviously look me up and down a few times with a suspicious look on their face, I would say something like "Yes, I just put 12 pairs of Big W pants in that bag and half a dozen bra's in the other. Why are you looking at me like that? I thought this 'paying for goods' thing was just a joke?!"

I don't understand why she just didn't ask "may I check your bags?" It would have saved time and frustration for both of you.
    Maybe I should have said 'don't move my sun shade forward, that's where I've stashed the 6 burner bbq I just knicked from the Outdoor Living dept'.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Misschief  (19-04-2012)