+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i don't ever stop and wait....i walk through at normal pace. If they approach me I am happy to stop and open my bag.

I certainly would not wait for them to finish talking.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (19-04-2012),LoveLivesHere  (18-04-2012),Stiflers Mom  (19-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I would have said something about her touching the pram. That's not on.

Also, the waiting would have irked me. I personally don't wait for the door staff to come and check my bags. It's fine if the company insists on bag checks, whatever, but if they aren't ready to check as I'm leaving, then that's their problem.
    Yep! This!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP maybe next time go in with a bag full of lube, extra large condoms and an assortment of different toys, could you imagine their faces?
    (Maybe I just have a weird sense of humor...)

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (19-04-2012),tormyxxx  (18-04-2012),trishalishous  (18-04-2012),Witwicky  (18-04-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2b09 View Post
    OP maybe next time go in with a bag full of lube, extra large condoms and an assortment of different toys, could you imagine their faces?
    (Maybe I just have a weird sense of humor...)
    I'm emptying the contents of my bedside table into my handbag as we speak.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (18-04-2012),GrabbyCrabby  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I'm emptying the contents of my bedside table into my handbag as we speak.
    Haha! I wish I had the guts to do something like that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I no longer 'stop' i will walk past and if they ask me to stop I will - I just don't have the time to wait for my bags to be checked.

Pram touching is not on. Either is judgement - but I guess they have to try an assess each customer and the risk of stealing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You do realize we pay more because of theft . I don't mind showing my bag. However they can't touch your stuff. That is wrong and I would report it. They also can't check a bag smaller then a4.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had incident in Target when DS2 was little. He was asleep in pram and I was walking out of store. I was told to get the bag out of bottom of pram. To do so, I had to get DS out, grab bag, juggle DS while pushing down lever on each side to get seat into newborn position again and then put DS back in. I was so ****ed off. Any idiot could have seen it would be impossible to have put the bag in bottom of pram.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    You do realize we pay more because of theft . I don't mind showing my bag. However they can't touch your stuff. That is wrong and I would report it. They also can't check a bag smaller then a4.
    I do realize that...which is why I am always prepared to have my bag inspected, but no one deserves to be treated poorly, their appearance scrutinized, have their personal belongings touched without good cause, and dismissed with a 'yea'. At no point have I suggested that I had issue with my bag being inspected and I in fact approached the staff member, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by ItWasntMe View Post
    I had incident in Target when DS2 was little. He was asleep in pram and I was walking out of store. I was told to get the bag out of bottom of pram. To do so, I had to get DS out, grab bag, juggle DS while pushing down lever on each side to get seat into newborn position again and then put DS back in. I was so ****ed off. Any idiot could have seen it would be impossible to have put the bag in bottom of pram.
    Grrr, that is just so thoughtless of them. You should had told them that you would take your sleeping baby out of the pram when they fronted up with a bassinet from nursery for you to place baby in while you adjusted the pram.
    Quote Originally Posted by kel87 View Post
    I no longer 'stop' i will walk past and if they ask me to stop I will - I just don't have the time to wait for my bags to be checked.

Pram touching is not on. Either is judgement - but I guess they have to try an assess each customer and the risk of stealing.
    To my way of thinking, if they are checking all bags, the need for their lay-profiling of people is null and void.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As a rule, I won't ever offer my bag for inspection. To be polite if asked (as long as they ask politely) I'll open it briefly, but I hold it out of their reach. I certainly wouldn't wait for them. Too bad if they're not ready.

Touching your belongings & pram is not on, and that is just horrible making you wake up/move bub so they can see in!!
    And their non-professional profiling of people is ridiculous. Especially if they are supposed to check everyone, and theft is not confined to the lower socio-economic group or someone who isn't perfectly groomed.

Mum2b09 that is a brilliant idea