+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow, that def would've bothered me too!! I like what you said!! Sometimes the staff at the doors are lovely & other times they're on a powertrip.

I once walked out of a store (as I didn't have anything to buy), opened my handbag & stood there while the lady at the door saw I was there but kept talking to another staff member (gossiping about other staff). I got sick of waiting & they were rude so I walked off. She practically chased me down & then went right through my handbag....rude!!! I didn't think I looked dodgy, haha!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always taught my staff that you never touch a person's belongings on the person, and if they start leaving or walking away you have to let them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I object to having my bag/pram searched period. Despite their disclaimer that the condition of entering their store is to agree that you "want" your bags searched, I don't think they have any legal right to do so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep would of annoyed me! I always offere but if they are busy chatting to other staff or cbf to pay attention to me I just walk off. I refuse to stand there and wait for them. Once I'm out the shop they can't call me back so too bad for them in not doing their job IMO

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little-Pink-Hen For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (19-04-2012),Oblena  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have definately been offended OP.. Some shop assistants can be so rude, i have a similar story - and it was big w as well...

The xmas when DD was 2months old, i was doing some xmas shopping at BigW and i had some bags of things i had already bought in her pram in the underneath part.
    DD was fast asleep and the lady at the counter asked me to look in the bags, which was fine, i never have any problem showing bags, so i tried to manouver the pram so that i could show her without disturbing dd and she told me she needed me to pull everybag out and to show her every receipt.
    There was one bag that had a big box in it which i had put in there while dd was awake, because i had to lift her up to get it in.. anyway i asked her if i could leave that one as she could obviously see that it was just the box in that bag, which was something you couldn't even get from bigw, and by getting it out i would disturb my baby, but she insisted i get it out so i did and woke dd up... she had only been asleep for 15mins max.
    What P**sed me off the most was the lady in front of me in the line had a big handbag and she didn't even get asked to look in it. She looked to be quite a bit older than me and was dressed a lot nicer than me. I was not impressed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally agree its unacceptable to touch the pram as well as handbag nappy bag ect. I can not beleive she had the nerve to touch the pram even when she could clearly see the baby was asleep. Oh i would have been fuming if she had of woken the baby. The way i see it is that some of these 'door bag inspectors' and even some security officers are on some sort of power trip!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would have said something about her touching the pram. That's not on.

Also, the waiting would have irked me. I personally don't wait for the door staff to come and check my bags. It's fine if the company insists on bag checks, whatever, but if they aren't ready to check as I'm leaving, then that's their problem.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (19-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It must be a bigw thing. The guy on the door at our local one is a nazi! Last week my dh was pushing the pram out and showed him all of the bags underneath and sort of offered him a look at the nappy bag then went to walk out. The guy stopped him and insisted that he open up the bag inside our nappy bag that we keep the nappies, wipes etc in and the other bag that has spare clothes in it. I was rope able!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    More fool the shop assistant who gropes or peers in a nappy bag!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Gandalf  (19-04-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kschoey View Post
    It must be a bigw thing. The guy on the door at our local one is a nazi! Last week my dh was pushing the pram out and showed him all of the bags underneath and sort of offered him a look at the nappy bag then went to walk out. The guy stopped him and insisted that he open up the bag inside our nappy bag that we keep the nappies, wipes etc in and the other bag that has spare clothes in it. I was rope able!
    They aren't allowed to look in a bag smaller than a loaf of bread. A bag within a nappy bag would probably be too small?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (18-04-2012)