+ Reply to Thread
    Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default To FET or Stim??

I'm currently in the TWW of my first FET, however I only have 1 frostie left (morula) but he didn't thaw to well the last time, so I am worried whether I should risk using it in another FET, or go back into a stim?

I am waiting for the nurses to call me back to tell me what they think, but from my only experience of an FET...I don't like them
    I don't feel as though I have done IVF at all and I just KNOW that this cycle is a bust already at 5dp5dt.

I want to do another stim cycle because I got a BFP on my first one, but I'm not too keen on the injections and EPU again, but I will do what I have to do.

What would you ladies do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi disney,

Sorry that your going through all this. I'm in a completely different boat as I didn't get a fresh transfer due to OHSS. I was then really devestated as I also thought that a FET wouldn't be the same but my FS gave me some really good info on why FETs are a better option.

According to my FS the miscarriage rate is higher in fresh cycles as ovulation doesn't occur so your progesterone levels are nil (and the pessaries have to do the whole job) he also believe that in the future if they can get the freeze/thaw process they will prob change to all FETs as they do have slightly higher success rates

I wish you all the best and hope u get ur sticky bubba soon. I think with an FET you just feel like your not "doing" as much towards getting preg but fingers crossed u get the same result

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Disney, I'm a out to do my first natural FET and I kind of feel the same as you but so many ladies here have had BFP's on FETS.

The stim cycles are draining on your body, I feel great this month and that can only help with implantation if the embie is a good one.

You need to do what is best for you but I think you should do the FET, what if that little embie is the one? There are plenty of positive outcomes with embies that are not the best quality

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope - My progesterone on my stim/BFP cycle was 390, so the nurse told me that I have no problem absorbing it. That was on crinone, this time I'm on pessaries but feel like I'm on nothing at all.

kmvw - My main problem is how I will feel if it doesn't survive a second thaw. If I had 2 embies left then I would definately do another FET, but when I am pinning all of my hopes onto one, and it not work...I will just be devastated.

I just wish that I could speak to the councillors about how I feel, but they are all booked up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone keeps saying that the success rate is higher on an FET cycle, but I'm not so sure...

How am I suppose to believe that when my stim cycle gave me a BFP, yet my FET gave me a BFN?

I see my FS on Monday to hopefully decide what is best, but I don't know...

Maybe I will let her decide for me.