+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chameleon View Post
    I don't! I tend to start off the year well and get there on time, and by the end of term or the end of the year we are often getting there late

If I were you, I would just try talking to some of the parents while they are in Prep and everyone is new And maybe make an effort to go to any birthday parties they are invited to. I found once Grade 1 started everyone just stuck to the people they knew from Prep, and even the birthday parties we've been invited to this year are kids from her class last year... and then meeting new parents through those friends, if that makes sense? And it is easier to break in when everyone is new, rather than getting invited to a birthday party next year, and going along only to discover everyone else is in their own little tight knit group.

I'd get involved in helping out if you can as well. Nice way to get to know all the kids that they talk about even getting to know the teacher a bit and seeing what goes on in the classroom.

And I second good quality shoes. They spend so much time in them!

I also don't go too overboard with lunch... if I just pack an acceptable amount it all gets eaten, but if I pack too much none of it gets eaten

Haha about the lunch thing. My DD came home yesterday telling me I don't pack her enough to eat. I had a look and she had left her fruit If she had eaten that she would have been fine I would say grr

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, although I say I'm not social.. I will of course say Hi and at kindy I try to go to parties my son is invited to (only 2 parties) and have met a couple of the Mums. I'm looking forward to being involved in the class room, my son has some learning delays so I figured the more close knit I can be in the class room the better. When I said I didn't want to be too social I mean like hanging out chatting at the gate... If I don't chat at the gate does that make me a snob?

***Happy to be a Mummy & Daddy of ONE! :-) ***