+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Flare Cycle???

I went for another scan this morning, not great news again, so we have cancelled cycle.
    FN suggested we try a flare cycle.
    Can someone explain to me what that is and what the difference is to other cycles.

We did a cycle a few years back with where we got preg.
    The cycle they just cancelled, I think was a long one, I was on synarel gonal, and pregnyl.

Nurse said we will use the same medication as the first cycle, with cetrotide, and lots of others that I cant remember. Lots of pills etc.

Our issue was originally on MIF, but my AFM results have come back less than 1, so obviusly I dont have many eggs left.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Leanne,
    I just did a flare cycle. Mine went like this:
    CD 2: start synarel morning and night
    CD 4: scan and start injections. Keep using synarel

I would be scanned every couple of days. You usually inject for 11 days, I was injecting for longer.

Apparently it's a quick cycle. It's one of the most common cycles that Wesley Monash IVF do.

Hope that helps a little. I am currently waiting for my 5 day transfer on Saturday.

Let me know if that helps or just confuses!!! LOL!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just completed a flare cycle a few weeks ago. Not my favorite but that's because I had to be on the maximum dose which meant 5 shots a day and I had to stim for 13 days because my body just doesn't reapond to the meds like they did a few years ago. I really hope you don't have to go thru all that. Hopefully you'll respond well and it will be smooth sailing. Best of luck to you.