+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    subscribing. I am ssssooo wanting to start this course but i have no idea where to begin. Have no idea how tafe works or if i should do it online??? I have 3 kids and thought maybe i should wait a couple of years (youngest is 1, yr 1 and kindy) but i want to get back out into some sort of work BUT my partner does morning shift 1 week then arvo shift the next so not suitable for anything really. If you dont mind me asking but how much was the course and do you think would be easier doing it online or just going straight to the tafe??? Damn not being interested back in highschool about tafe and studying lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well for me I buy 1 unit at a time as we have time limits to complete. I suppose it's $100 _ $200 per unit I think depending if you buy the book. external you can do it at your own pace which works well for me as I work. You do need to do prac hours so you wil have to volunteer at a school.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just had a quick google would they all be roughly the same of about 14 units. Sorry for what may seem like silly questions but is doing it online or externally the same thing if i dont go thru the tafe down here??? As soon as you decided to do the course should you go look for a school to complete hours or do you have to complete some/all units first

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't wait to do this course.. I will want to become teachers aide in Special Education classes :-)

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I started this course at local learning centre at the start of the term and love it! Learning so much and our teachers are experts in all things kid related, it's almost a parenting course as well haha.

We finish in August so half way there and placement organised at my daughters school can't wait!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Someone else might be able help you with the question about prac I work as an ea so my prac hours are easy for me. You are probably better off calling tafe and talking to a lecturer. They should be able to answer your questions properly I dont want to give you the wrong info. I have 14 units to complete have done 10 so far. External I buy the units they send to me I complete and send them back but I live remotely. My friend is doing online course seems to hard for me you have to sit in front of the computer and read and complete your assignments online also and complete tutorials. External I have a paper book I can read any where anytime lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mygirlindi - a job can be tough to get unless you know someone or have put in the hours at the school already. I was studying this, but when they changed the parenting payment rules every mum suddenly was studying. I'm in Brisbane too. Also it's not a full time job and you have to work extra hours during the term to make up the hours you aren't working during the holidays. So depending on your income requirements it might not be enough. Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlindi View Post
    I've been interested in starting this course. There's one running in my area 1 day a week starting in July. It would be great to have a job that has child friendly hours! Does anyone know if it is easy to get a job when you're finished the course? I'm in Brisbane if that makes a difference.
    I'm not doing this course, but am assisting someone who is, and would suggest that if you wish to work in a main****** school you have a lot of competition for positions, however if you are willing (or keen) to work in a school for special needs, then you should have no difficulty finding employment.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetseven For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    I'm not doing this course, but am assisting someone who is, and would suggest that if you wish to work in a main****** school you have a lot of competition for positions, however if you are willing (or keen) to work in a school for special needs, then you should have no difficulty finding employment.
    Yay for me! I know it might sound horrible of me, but I have no interest what so ever to work with "typical" kids, only "special" ones :-) When I mentioned to the HOSE at a local school I wanted to be an aide or learning support assistant with special needs kids she almost lept out of her skin, and begged me to do it.. She can't find enough suitable people for this challenging job. I'm hoping to start volunteer work next term :-)

***Sent from my phone***