Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nup, these days it's a good day if I brush my hair. I know I could do a better job of staying healthy like exercising and eating better but it's just pure laziness that stops that.

As for cosmetic stuff, I just don't really care for it. When I'm in the mood sometimes I like to put on a nice dress and curl my hair, but mostly I'm just not very much of a girly girl. I only just learned how to put makeup on properly this year, from youtube tutorials

Thanks
    Reviews
    i'm exactly the same as before kids....

i have really long, straight hair (so never go to the hairdresser), don't do facials/nails etc. i shave if i'm wearing a skirt/shorts (winter is like a jungle down there) and put makeup on if i'm going to work or out somewhere (dinner, party etc.)

in other words, exactly the same as when my hubby first met me 17 years ago.

hubby has now achieved the post 40 beer belly and i love more than anything. i would never be 'disappointed' because he aged and his body has done what human bodies tend to do with age.....it's really sad that some posters give the impression that they judge their life partner like that. i would be devastated if hubby thought that way of me

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to halloweendee For This Useful Post:

Moxy  (18-04-2012),OJandMe  (18-04-2012)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think I probably make more of an effort now than I did pre kids to be honest. I have hair that looks feral (and I mean FERAL) if it's not straightened.

I like pedicures and getting my hair done but it's hard to afford these things now that I'm a single mum.

Makeup has never been in my repertoire unless going out for a special occasion - I'm petrified of being one of those girls with a visible make up line under their chins lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, I do. I shower every day, make sure my underarms and legs are hair free and I love wearing makeup. It can refresh a tires face instantly. I still like to dress nicely when I leave the house, but I guess I just enjoy it. For me, it is a priority = )

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by halloweendee View Post
    . i would never be 'disappointed' because he aged and his body has done what human bodies tend to do with age.....it's really sad that some posters give the impression that they judge their life partner like that. i would be devastated if hubby thought that way of me
    That's true...

People get so hurt when they hear stories of DH's saying "she just doesn't look the way she did when we got married, 10 years and three kids ago"...

But it goes both ways... My DH won't always look the way he does... actually he looks better now than he did when we got together, but eventually we will both be old and wrinkled and need plastic teeth and a big jar beside our bed.... I'm just blessed I'll get to have that wrinkled old fart there with me. And I doubt he'll have the muscle tone then that he has now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    I noticed a big mofo of a moustache today in the rear view mirror... I'm leaving it there.
    So frickin' liberating!
    I am but a shadow of my former self since having kids.
    Thanks! This cracked me up! I have noticed the shadow of a mo and shall wear it with pride forthwith!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I look after myself - I exercise and eat well and am clean and tidy ...

Do I spend a fortune on getting pretty? No. Never been my scene so I'm not going to start now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I initially thought the OP post was a troll in the way it was written. But anyway, Ive got a different take on it to most people.

I have a 13 month old still partially bf, and I work full time in a job thats very stressful and busy at the mo. As does my DH, and he also has to do uni to keep his job. We also have a lot of family commitments (sick parents), and are renovating our house, some of which can't really wait and is very time consuming. My daughter is rather free spirited and adventurous (quite a handful).
    So no, I dont get time to do a lot of things. I do get waxed and have regular hair cuts (need to look presentable for work). I do brush and floss my teeth etc. But I dont get time to exercise which Im quite depressed about, and I dont have the energy anyway. I am exhuasted after having to get up at 5am every day and do the daycare run, then to work, then 8-9 hours, daycare pickup, tea... I dont get any personal time at all.
    I dont have time to do makeup and Ive never done nails.

Maybe things will be easier when DD is a bit older.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to soccer mum For This Useful Post:

Luna Lovegood  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bloody hell. She's asking if you look after your physical appearance by shaving, waxing, wearing makeup etc. For some people that IS looking after yourself. If you don't like her thread, move on. There's no need to point out petty little things.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

KillerHeels  (18-04-2012),Lovemyfam  (18-04-2012)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Closed for cleaning

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (18-04-2012)