Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I do. I get my hair and eyebrows done regularly, do my nails, shave often, wash/blowdry/straighten my hair everyday and wear a full face of make up and perfume.
    Why? Because it makes me feel nice, I might be a Mum now but I'm still me!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (18-04-2012),KillerHeels  (18-04-2012)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Do i look after myself? Absolutely! I eat an awesomely healthy diet. And i exercise a minimum of 4 times a week. I just had full bloodwork done and all of my levels are great!

Do i spend large ammounts of time and money on making myself look like societies version of pretty?

No.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (18-04-2012),Ana Gram  (18-04-2012),Annabella  (18-04-2012),MilkingMaid  (18-04-2012),MothersMilk  (18-04-2012),Plan A  (18-04-2012),soccer mum  (18-04-2012),tootiredtosleep  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my girl was under 6 months..I didn't do very much..but after I got the hang of being a mum..yep..straight back to how I used to be!!!..

I eat better though then I ever have as I want to be a good example for my girl (plus live a long time )..I also walk about 30 km a week..feels great!!!

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I didn't to start with. i lost myself for 7 years.

For the last 20 months I've been really focusing on myself and being myself and looking after myself.

I think it's so important to how I feel about ME, about who I am and I think it's really important for the boys to see that I am a person too.... not just breakfast maker, or lunch cook, or taxi or cleaner....

I'm quite happy these days, but it took a very hard blow to make me go "woah... THIS is NOT what I want" and a few very long hard steps.

I've never much been in to makeup or any of that stuff... I really don't think that's part of 'looking after yourself" I think it's more about eating healthy, exercising, drinking enough water, taking time for yourself and doing things that you enjoy.

ETA: I want my boys to grow up knowing my interests and hobbies.. knowing that Mum loves walking and swimming and loves creating artworks, loves cooking beautiful flavoursome food, loves reading and writing and gardening... and that in our family it is important to look after our bodies and keep them healthy and well hydrated and in good cardio health.
    Last edited by OJandMe; 18-04-2012 at 13:14.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OJandMe For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (18-04-2012),OurLittleBlessing  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, absolutely. I look after myself a lot better now than when I was childless. I have to so I can just get through the day & night. But looking after myself has nothing at all to do with how I look.

I'm over 30 and in the best shape I have ever been in. I don't spend a fortune on haircuts, waxing etc because I don't feel the need to. I feel great just by eating well and exercising.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    im no different than before i had ds 12 months ago. my nails are one, my hair is done, i dress well, my make up, is always done, i work out in the gym. This is me and how i have always been, its how i was when hubby met me and married me.
    some women are not into that and thats fine if your not girly your not girly. i do think its sad when people loose that though especially for the husband, my husband has always taken pride in himself and is in great shape.. being honest id be disappointed if he just change now he's s dad and he didn't shave, piled weight on and didn't take pride in himself he wouldnt be the man i married.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KillerHeels For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (18-04-2012),Maybelline  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do everything I did before I had kids, make sure my clothes are nice, hair done, etc my husband would not care if I didn't but I do because I don't ever want to me to embarrass my children or husband or myself so I take a little extra time to make sure I am presentable

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Also DH is re-training as a barrister... and I'd like to be able to accompany him to functions and look lovely beside him.

And as a teacher myself, I really want to look nice for my students..... they've actually done studies to show that children prefer to look at pictures of healthy looking people, (healthy weight, clear skin, bright eyes, etc) that people who are not... men and women, not just women.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I noticed a big mofo of a moustache today in the rear view mirror... I'm leaving it there.
    So frickin' liberating!
    I am but a shadow of my former self since having kids.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Hootenanny  (18-04-2012),HugsBunny  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm a beauty therapist so it's kinda in my blood to "pretty myself up"

We had dd nearly 2 years ago, when we were both 20 so I'm no different to any other girl my age. Except, I dont pay someone else to wax me or do my nails. I do it all myself. I couldnt justify the amount of money I could be spending now we have a child. I see nothing wrong with a mother with nice clothes, hair and a full face of makeup. And I dont judge those who dont "glam" themselves up!

I put makeup on and straightened my hair while I was in hospital after having dd. Doesnt make me a vain *****! It made me feel better after pushing a baby out.
    I dont feel pressured into looking nice by anyone but as a person it's something it is the top of my list..For me! I have days at home in my pj's with no makeup on. I wont change. It makes me feel good about myself

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PrincessC For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (18-04-2012)

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast