+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Women's and Children's obstetricians

Hi all,
    I'm embarrassingly (as we're only starting to ttc next month but i've heard you need to get in as soon as you're confirmed pg as they book up quick) doing some research into private obs at the wch Adelaide. I'd prefer one of the three in the private practice group at the wch, though I have a list of the others that have admission rights.

Has anyone had any experience with: Geoff matthews, Wendy hodge or prabhath wagaarachchi?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have any experience with the obs your mentioned, but I'm currently going through my 2nd pregnancy with Chris Wilkinson and he's amazing! Would def recommend him.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zanzibar For This Useful Post:

nomes83  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't know about those guys either, but I have had all 5 of my babies (including twins) naturally with Prof John Svigos. He is brilliant. One of the older guys and therefore more experienced with difficult natural deliveries ie twins, breech births. I felt extremely safe with him.
    He delivers at the WCH (as well as Ashford, Calvary and Burnside) and his rooms are across the road from the WCH on King William st

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

nomes83  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies ladies . Zanzibar- I was told that Chris wilkinson generally only saw women that were 'high risk (even private patients)', do you mind me asking are you seeing him due to this or another way? I have heard good things about him.
    4underfour- your ob was on the list as those that had admitting rights. Good to know he's across the road, I didn't want one that was too far away that had more chance of missing the birth or not being able to drop in.

If there's any other ladies with experiences out there I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am high risk due to problems in my last pregnancy (my daughter was stillborn due to an undiagnosed chromosomal disorder) and Chris saw me through that after I was transferred to his care at 30 weeks, he promised me he'd see me through my next pregnancy at my 6 week check, and here we are: 32 weeks pregnant with identical twins Also a high risk pregnancy! He is great and I trust him implicitly. I don't know too much about using him privately as both times I've been through the public system.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your twins, that's lovely news. Sorry to hear about your stillbirth, glad that you have someone knowing your history and that you trust overseeing this pregnancy.

I think that does mean that Chris wilkinson will only see maternal and fetal medicine/high risk clients, but his talents are clearly best used in this area.

Back to the drawing board, I might have to look at obs that have admitting rights to tge wch rather than onsite to broaden the search.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any other Adelaide ladies out there with wch private experiences?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im a public patient, doing Gp shared care but I do occasionally see Dr MCCormack at the W&CH and she seems like a very nice lady. I am a low risk patient though. Sorry I dont have any other info or help., hopefully some more adelaide ladies will see your thread.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Taiyed For This Useful Post:

nomes83  (22-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a private patient at WCH and going through Dr Wagarachchi. I'm only 16 weeks and so far it's been a very good experience with him. My friend had Dr Wagarachchi as well for 3 of her children and was very happy with him.

I also heard that Dr Wilkinson was very good and first of all tried to get in with him but as you've said, he only looks after high risk patients so that wasn't possible.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to WillsMumma For This Useful Post:

nomes83  (05-05-2012)