+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was horribly nausea's during labor but mainly due to the gas.

I had the injection and felt better ALMOST right away. and didnt get it again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was vomiting continuously thru the hole labour with my DS because of the gas.

Guest Guest
    It's pretty common to feel nauseous, something no one told me!! I wanted to throw up the whole time, when I was in transition I leant over to vomit and my body did a massive push instead thats when it finally went away. I wasn't offered anything for it though, it was the worst part for me tbh, horrible feeling, even worse then the pain (cause I really hate that feeling )
    Maybe ask the midwives and make sure you get something at the start cause it can be pretty distracting. I don't think its harmful because they prescribe it for hyperemsesis during pregnancy?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Artful  (19-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I threw my guts up during labour but tbh, I barely noticed due to the massive baby coming out of me!

I have a massive vomit/nausea fear but it was the least of my concerns at the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I threw up too just after labour. I think from the sheer shock of it all. I did get anti nausea meds with a pethidine shot but that was hours before I delivered.

believe me - if you are going to throw up - you will. And I agree with a PP about eating - IMO its easier to throw up food than just bile. so keep snacking on crackers and fruit to keep your strength up and if you have to spew - well then you have something to show for it.

wait till you poop whilst delivering.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I threw up both times - it must have been because of the pain, because I didn't have any gas etc. My tip is - don't eat orange jelly before giving birth...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mytwowilldo For This Useful Post:

Lenny86  (19-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is also pretty common to vomit when baby is crowning. Nothing to worry about though

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think vomiting and nausea in labour are actually quite common, for some women they vomit from the pain or fear others it can be from different types of pain relief. I had gas & air during my labour and at one point I felt really sick from it, my midwife made a point of reminding me all through my labour that if I felt sick to let her know and she would give me something to help relieve it. I am allergic to maxalon & stemetil so I was given a Zofran which relieved the nausea almost instantly. Many years ago I was a support partner for a friend when she had her bub, the poor girl was so terrified that she vommited every time she had a contraction, she went for hours and hours like this.