+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Attention mammas!

How many sleeps/naps per day did/ does your 16 week old baby have a day? And how long was/is their awake time?

My 16 week old still will only last an hour awake time, which means hes having quite a few sleeps/naps per day. Is this normal? His sleeps will last anywhere between 40- 60 mins..

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, my bub is about 18 weeks and he has 2 sleeps a day. He goes down at night at about 7.30 and wakes about 7.30-8am. Depending on what time he wakes in the morning I put him down 2 hours after that. That way he sleeps for a good 2 hours. Then the same for the afternoon sleep. 2 hours after he has woken. I find if I put him down too early he wakes after 45 mins so I try and stretch him out the 2 hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep. Very normal for an hour awake at most then a nap for a single sleep cycle (around 45 minutes). I know at that age I remember one day when my dd had 7 or 8 45 minute naps interspersed with hour long wake times for play.

My dd is now 6.5 months old and only went to 2 - 3 sleeps a day about 3 or 4 weeks ago. And the length of them can vary from 45 minutes to 3 hours at a time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds normal to me. At 4 months DS was awake for between 1 and 2 hours and then had a sleep - probably 3 or 4 sleeps a day. At 6 months he change to awake for 3 hours and has 2 sleeps per day.

If you think he is waking from a sleep still tired you could try and extend his nap into the next sleep cycle with patting/shhing.

Have you looked at the tresillian website? They have good info on typical routines for different ages that might be useful for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the respones everyone! Glad to hear that its all normal!