+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Ford Territory VS Honda Odessey

Buying a new car in the next couple of months, so i'm up to my neck in research - If you have either of these cars, which year/model do you have, how is it for room? I will have 3 carseats (4 when DSS is with us) Though DS1 and DSS are both turning 5 so they are in slimline boosters which don't take up much room(but still require a anchor point) DS2 is only 2 and we have a baby due in Oct. Where are the anchor points located in your cars and how many are there? We are pretty sure this will be our last baby, but haven't ruled it out 100% (though the older boys would no longer require carseats by the time we got around to that) How is your car on fuel, services? And anything else I have forgotten to mention and you could add to help me make my decision

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I chose the territory as the Odyssey is too people mover for me.

I have an anchor point on the back of each seat, so 3 in the middle row and 2 in the back row.

I dont find it too bad in petrol.
    I love my Car.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

Littlemissmetal  (18-04-2012)

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 2004 Territory and I looooove it. We bought it 3 months ago in preparation for baby #3. We intend on having one more eventually but for the time being want to give our kids some space. I agree with BM that the odyssey is a little too people mover. The amount of anchor points in the territory is great, the height for ease of getting kids in and out is wonderful, services and parts are cheap, its really easy to drive. We had a VE commodore previously and its just as easy to park, possibly easier because of the height. I have the AWD model which does use a bit of fuel but for me its totally worth it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babalooba For This Useful Post:

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Mum and dad are upgrading their 04 odyssey this year. They love it, not to mention Honda have a great rep for resale value and not needing big repairs often.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My one complaint about the territory is the back row is all or nothing and when you have 4 kids and luggage once that back row is up you loose your whole boot. Is the oddysey a split 60/40 read row or a solid bench set style.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Meags82 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My odessey is 2 weeks old. Love it love it love it! So good on fuel around town and long distances, 8.9 litres per 100kms and lots of little extras. Love that the doors open 90 degrees, ds4 loves that he has his own dvd player with games and a remote control for the long trips. Love the rear aircon. So much room too. We wanted a people mover that wasn't bulky such as the Targao and this is it!
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 18-04-2012 at 14:53.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Odyssey here too. Ours is 2008 and we can fit 5 child car seats. Yes the roof anchors can be annoying but they are great if you don't always need the back row to sit in. Decent boot space even with third row up.

We picked the Honda over the Toyota kluger

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank for all your responses! I have a 15K limit as I don't want to take out finance, looking around, I'd be able to get a 06/07 model territory, I love the look of the car, but the downfalls are lack of space inside and heavy on fuel. Where as the odyssey i'm looking at a 03/04/05 model, I didn't really want a 1st or 2nd gen, as I don't like the look as much as the newer models, and the high anchor points could be annoying but I would get over it. Hmmm guess i'm going to have to take them both for a test drive and check them out in person.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Milktini View Post
    Thank for all your responses! I have a 15K limit as I don't want to take out finance, looking around, I'd be able to get a 06/07 model territory, I love the look of the car, but the downfalls are lack of space inside and heavy on fuel. Where as the odyssey i'm looking at a 03/04/05 model, I didn't really want a 1st or 2nd gen, as I don't like the look as much as the newer models, and the high anchor points could be annoying but I would get over it. Hmmm guess i'm going to have to take them both for a test drive and check them out in person.
    Just be careful with territory's as there are so many, they tend to depreciate quite fast the Odyssey tends to hold there money longer.