+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Compulsive Overeating vent.

I can't find an ED section. I have diagnosed ED - Compulsive Overeating. Yes its real and yes it f***ing sucks.

I am SO F***ING SICK of people telling me to just stop eating. I f***ing dare you to go tell an anorexic person to "just eat". But because I don't look sick I'm just a big lazy fatty.

I have put on 10kg in the month since I left my ex. 10kg each month and I might have 20 months to live. If I keep doing this I WILL DIE. But prozac did nothing, and I dont know what will.

Its not as easy as "eat healthy food". I do. I eat everything even food I hate. I HAVE to eat. Constantly. I am disgusted in myself. I want to die. I dont want to live with this sh*t anymore. If it wasnt for DD I might let it kill me.

Im sorry I just needed to vent :-/ Having a bad day.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hugs

I have no experience with this, but couldn't not respond

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Super duper hugs*

Are you getting counciling?

Oblena is offline I've done it in public and I'll do it again - I don't care who sees!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have bad relationships with food, and totally get how it can be an uncontrollable urge. May I ask how you get diagnosed for that? I didn't know it was something that could be diagnosed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, learn something new everyday! I never knew this was a legit eating disorder people got dx with!!

Hope you can get the help you need OP! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do not think that I was ever a compulsive eater but I was, and still am, an emotional eater the result of which in 2009 I weighed in at 150kg.

I made the decision that year that I had to do something and I had gastric band surgery. Unlike many who have this surgery I did not have it with losing weight as my main goal but rather stopping my weight from increasing.

True to this thinking I have only lost 30kg since the operation and I still have the problem of emotional eating but I can no longer eat certain foods nor large portions and for the first time in my life I am able to maintain a certain weight.

I am on the road to losing weight again and I work out now but it has taken time to get to this spot for me, now knowing that I do not have to worry about gaining weight again.

I am not sure if you are overweight or not or if something like I have suggested would help in any way. Surgery does not fix the emotional side of things but it does stop some of the damage that overeating can do.

Having you considered joining a support group? When researching whether I was a compulsive eater or not (decided that I wasn't) I came across overeaters anonymous which seemed to help some people. Counselling also may be an option worth following up on in conjunction with any medication if required.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry your going through this

People can be so cruel.

I have depression, and like you no matter how many antidepressants I was on (i have tried about 7) it never helped with my eating that came with my depression. I have had depression and anxiety for 9 years now.

I know what it's like to over eat..

Went from 70kgs to 130kgs in a year and a half after going through tough time with depression, I found food as my comfort and it became more of an obsession. It seemed to be the only thing that "for filled" me and made me feel whole, it was also temporary happiness.

Anti-depressants never helped, yes they made me feel better but they never stopped me from eating excessive amounts of food.
    I think in the end the anti-depressants made me feel a little to happy and caused me to eat because I was happy and vise versa.

I tried so many diets, pills everything!! But the thing people don't understand is that it is an addiction.

I have managed to get down to 85kgs.
    But that's only after going to many many many sessions of counseling and seeing a physiatrist, and getting an excellent doctor who has put me in the hands of the right people.
    Many things in my past have triggered off my depression and my addiction to food, Most past events I have pushed to the side and just made my self forget about them, secretly dealing with them with food.

I still struggle and I don't think I will ever be "cured" and there will most likely be times in the future where I will gain back weight.

I must say though after loosing weight people don't say "oh you look great" ect they just accuse me of not eating, say I looked nicer when I was "curvaceous" or "how long till you stack it all back on" Im 155cm my "ideal BMI" weight should be 60kgs.. I would hate to hear people's comments if I ever reach that!!

People just judge and pick you apart no matter what. It's disgusting.
    And it's people like that who make you doubt your self and push you back into old habits.

It's been a very long road for me, and still is, not as hard as it use to be.. But it's still hard.

If you like you can PM me of you need to talk ect or just vent.

Sending many Hugs!
    Please try your hardest to stay strong, I know it can be hard.

Don't listen to those who say "just do some exercise and not eat so much" or what ever else inconsiderate people decide to say..
    You just do everything at your own pace, and honestly just say to them that you have a disorder and when they say things like that it upsets you, and it's disgusting behavior for them to be questioning your weight.

::::HUGS:::: ::::HUGS:::: ::::HUGS::::

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have no answers - I was a compulsive eater too. I spent my days just eating... eating and eating.

I had WLS (gastric sleeve - a portion of my stomach was removed to make a new smaller stomach) which has obviously made that impossible now... so as I said, I have no answers... just wanted to let you know I know what it's like, and it's not as easy as naive people who make those comments seem to believe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi op,

Are you referring to binge eating disorder?
    If so, it is a lot more common than people realize.

I will post something proper tomorrow I just wanted to clarify this before rambling

Take care

Scotmum2be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, Compulsive Overeating Disorder, Binge Eating Disorder, Food Addiction. All the same yhing. And my Dr diagnosed me and my psychologist confirmed it.

We are trying to work through it, its just so much harder to control through stress and I don't think.I've ever been as stressed as I have the last few months :-(

Just as you cant tell someone who is suicidal.to just get over it, a heroin addict to just stop using or an alcoholic to just have one less drink, people with this can't "just stop". Its so irritating to know that people, even friends and family, just think I'm this big lazy person whos making excuses. I realise they just dont understand but it still hurts.

I will eat to the point where I am sooo sick. Literally. I had 4 soft serves just now on the way home from dropping off BIL. Because I had $1.20 in my purse and I couldnt stop. I feel like I could vomit now. I got no enjoyment out of them. But I "needed" them so desperately that I thought about nothing else from the second I left my house :-(

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub