+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I actually read an article about this, mothers will feel braver with their children near them it's a biological defense mechanism!
    I totally believe that! Normally I am terrified of bugs, but heaven help the bug that tries to go near my baby!!! Lol. I will squish it with my bare hand!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RaiensDreaming For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (18-04-2012),Etienne  (19-04-2012),headoverfeet  (18-04-2012),lovesushi  (18-04-2012),MoonMoon  (18-04-2012),~Marigold~  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMJandBaby View Post
    Also, big puppet things.. people dressed as puppets.. when I was little we went to the Pancake Parlour and this big Mad Hatter thing came out.. needless to say, i screamed the place down and hid under the table. It must have stuck with me because they still give me the creeps..
    haha, this reminds me of that scene from the Simpsons:

Marge: Well everybody's got a fear of something.
    Homer: Not everyone...
    Marge: Sock Puppets!
    Homer: HAAA! HAAA! Where? Where? HAAA!

(you have no idea how happy I am to have found a fellow Simpsons addict! They're like my second family!)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MoonMoon For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (18-04-2012)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    haha, this reminds me of that scene from the Simpsons:

Marge: Well everybody's got a fear of something.
    Homer: Not everyone...
    Marge: Sock Puppets!

Homer: HAAA! HAAA! Where? Where? HAAA!

(you have no idea how happy I am to have found a fellow Simpsons addict! They're like my second family!)
    LMAO!!!!
    That cracked me up big time!!
    Love love love The Simpsons!!! I can come across any situation in life and match a Simpson's quote to it, Lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I actually read an article about this, mothers will feel braver with their children near them it's a biological defense mechanism!
    Interesting! At least I don't feel like such a wus expecting a 6 year old to protect me now

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Hahaha! Watch out for the big POOOF of powder!!

I am constantly getting scared by DP...except he doesnt mean to. He will just be around a corner doing something normal and I'll walk around the corner not expecting him there and scream bloody murder. He finds it hilarious.
    Same! I think I daydream too much and dont notice him until he shocks me!

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Balloons... It's going to pop and I'm going to scream

I can't see outside at night, everything has to be closed up fully. Even doors into my bedroom.

No limbs off the bed!

Every time I fly I pretty much convince myself I'm going to die

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bugs: June bugs, spiders, centipedes, etc.

I'm ok with moths since they are so similar to butterflies.

Sharks terrify me and thrill me.

Being alone in my house. I always have to lock the bedroom door when my husbands away.

When someone tries to touch my belly button or nips.

Unknown sounds!

I also hate hearing the tub drain, can't stand it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Pawn shops. I can never go in one. I get the worst vibes when I walk past one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gee it makes me feel better that there are other grown ups who won't sleep with a limb out of the bed, or go outside at night time and like windows closed and blinds down in case of murderers!!! I don't feel like such a freak!

I also have a fear of sleeping with the wardrobe sliding door open as that lets the monsters out!!! And I'm 34!!

And I don't like those open stair cases... I always feel like someone is going to reach through and grab my ankle!!!!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Falling. Off anything. I can be 30cm off the floor, and get the sweats because I'm afraid to fall.

I got sweaty palms and hung on the edge of my seat watching Spiderman when it first came out.

I cried the first time I was on an aeroplane because I'm quite sure if that were to fall, I wouldn't just get a broken limb...

I can't climb more than two steps up a ladder.

All the mods went to Dreamworld a few years ago, and we were in the line for the tower of terror, and at the last minute, I took the emergency exit. Only, I walked out through the door, saw how HIGH I was off the ground and the crappy open staircase that you have to go down and nearly went back in. Then I realised what was back through those doors, and decided it was better to risk my life on the stairs than a thrill ride that would sent me hurtling backwards vertically up into the sky and then back down again... (And yes... veve still calls me chicken for bailing on that one, but I'll wear it. I've been afraid of falling all my life, and I wish it was just on the big stuff, but in reality, I can't even look out of a 1st story window without slightly losing the plot... )