+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katherinelouise View Post
    I'm scared to death of bunyips. I know there not real and can laugh about it on dry land, but if I'm in water and I can't see the bottom....... Heart goes a million miles a minute and I doggy paddle my way to safety, cos I can't risk stretching out and leaving myself open to one.
    Did you ever watch 'Dot and the kangeroo' as a child? Very scary bunyip scene!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm scared of thunder storms! Really scared. I also sense them coming really early, like a dog

I am pretty edgy around escalators... (have had this fear since I was tiny, I think i was told a story about a kids hand getting stuck and shredded. Ironically, I had my skirt stolen by an escalator in my teens. I'm the only person I know to have had an altercation with one, and also, the only one to ever be mistrustful.)

I prefer sleeping with my back touching a wall, or on a bed that has no crawl space under it...

And like some others, my son creeping into my room in the early am. Sometimes he is just plain creepy!

Oh, and I can't really explain it, but sometimes hubby 'takes the road less travelled' to explore, and I always get real sweaty, and heart racing, driving somewhere that we a)might not be allowed and b)have no idea where is goes.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh oh...elevators.
    Went to an old hospital with DP and the elevators were really bouncy, like they were on a bloody bungey cord! A doctor got in the elevator with us and he was asking if I was ok because I was near on having a panic attack. Whenever possible, I take the stairs.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Kangaroos
    Aeroplanes
    Last edited by bunkx; 17-04-2012 at 23:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm scared of heights, big huge bridges, elevators with glass windows you can see out of, I feel like the scene in willy sinkers chocolate factory!!! I have had recurring nightmares my whole life!! Needles is another one, i get clamy and nearly vomit before hand, the smell of the alcohol wipe makes me near pass out! And David Bowie in the labrinth!!! I HATE that movie!!!! I use to cry about it and I saw the cover of it at the DVD store and I felt terribly ill!!!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just remembered something else - I HATE having my pulse taken on my wrist! The thought of it makes me feel sick to the stomach and my hand/arm feels all funny. It feels like pressing on that vein will stop blood flow to my hand and my arm. Same with my feet - if something is resting on the top flat hit of my foot (the veiny area) I feel like the blood flow will stop. I know it's mind over matter, but still...

Scary movies about spooks (ghosts, poltergeists, etc). Can't watch them. Even the shorts for movies like Paranormal Activity - blergh!

Further to the fear of te serial killer being outside at night, I have to have all of my doors locked if (a) I'm by myself at any time of the day, and (b) at night time, even with company. Not key locked, just turning the lock on the security screen is fine.

I'm quite a paranoid and anxious person!! Can't even go for a walk by myself in broad daylight!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shinebrite View Post
    I feel like the scene in willy sinkers chocolate factory!!!
    haha, damn you autocorrect ;-)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MoonMoon For This Useful Post:

austmum  (16-07-2012),Cazza1981  (13-07-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by happykat View Post
    I forgot about this one. I have to close the doors and blinds before it gets dark so the 'killer' can't even see into the house. I am ok if DH is home and even when 6 year old DS is awake etc (I have no clue why I think he would be able to protect me lol) but I will run past the open door or blind and can't do it at all once DS is asleep and DH is on nights.
    I actually read an article about this, mothers will feel braver with their children near them it's a biological defense mechanism!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    I'm quite a paranoid and anxious person!! Can't even go for a walk by myself in broad daylight!!
    Ohhh I hear you. Im the same. I want to take DS to the beach about 10mins from our house but am too anxious to go wandering on my own.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Another one.. and this I'm over now, lol: Gene Simmons! For real, he terrified me as a child!
    Also, big puppet things.. people dressed as puppets.. when I was little we went to the Pancake Parlour and this big Mad Hatter thing came out.. needless to say, i screamed the place down and hid under the table. It must have stuck with me because they still give me the creeps..