+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hate clowns. And flushing the toilet at night... But I do it when I have to and then leg it back to my bed

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

2. The Following User Says Thank You to heartjb For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only have one real irrational fear & that is of Huntsman spiders.. If I even see a thread of wool that I think could look like the leg of one, I freak. If I see a real one thats big, I run screaming, start shaking uncontrollably & cry like a 2 yr old, haha. I physically cannot control the emotions they make me feel, which is crazy cause I can kill any other spider including funnel webs.. But I love snakes..
    Last edited by 2BabyBears; 17-04-2012 at 23:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Stuff that lives in the ocean. I don't swim at the beach or eat seafood, it just doesn't seem right to me. Humans are land animals.

Having said that, I went diving in Hawaii on my honeymoon because we decided we should both face our fears! It was actually amazing and I took to it really well, but I wouldn't risk it again. If I saw a shark I would have died instantly of a heart attack.

ETA - DHs fear was horror movies, so we watched paranormal activity. I still reckon mine was more impressive, lol, but he did struggle with the movie!
    Last edited by Cue; 17-04-2012 at 23:11.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh another one! Does anyone have this fear: the sound of the water draining in the bath when you remove the plug?!?? I've been intensely petrified of it all my life and have no idea why or if it's normal? The thing is, DS is the only other person who has this same fear.. and he didn't get it from me, he'd cry and cling to me as a baby when he heard the sound of it and still hates it now.
    I have make sure I leave the bathroom as soon as I pull the plug out and sometimes I'll forget and be moisturizing or something and I hear it and jump through the roof! Oddball, much?
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 17-04-2012 at 23:22.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMJandBaby View Post
    I have a bizarre fear of ships. Not a fear of sailing or travelling by ship, just looking at them.. huge monsters in the deep ocean.. eew the ocean and it's depths and infinty scares me as well.. I can't look at a picture in a book of a ship on the water without feeling dread. I'm positive that I drowned in the Titanic in a past life, nothing else can explain the fear! It was worse when I was a kid, but still with me now.
    I do have "normal" fears, as well.. spiders, the dark, ghosts..
    I'm afraid of boats/ships too! I can look at photos of them, but watching shows like deadliest catch, etc, make me want to barf and I get all clammy! And the depth of the ocean, and bein so far from land, and the creepy crawlies...

I'm so afraid of caterpillars after I kept two as "pets" for a few days as a kid and one ate half of the other one o_O

Also going outside at night time - always convinced there's a killer lurking around at any given moment!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BabyBears View Post
    I only have one real irrational fear & that is of Huntsman spiders.. If I even see a thread of wool that I think could look like the leg of one, I freak. If I see a real one thats big, I run screaming, start shaking uncontrollably & cry like a 2 yr old, haha. I physically cannot control the emotions they make me feel, which is crazy cause I can kill any other spider including funnel webs.. But I love snakes..
    Iwouldn't call that fear "irrational".. I'd say it's a very rational fear! I'm the same, can't stand spiders but love snakes and will happily hold a snake.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    *Mirrors in the dark
    *Cockroaches
    *Google maps in satellite mode
    *Any scary movie will give me nightmares for months, I had a nightmare after watching an ad for the grinch that stole Christmas.
    *my kids appearing/creeping in my room in the middle of the night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    30 years of age and i still can't sleep with a arm or leg hanging over the edge of the bed just incase something grabs it.
    This is me too!! It creeps me out really badly and I think it is because of a 'horror story' I was told when I was a kid about a tap dripping and a dog licking an old lady's hand

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happykat For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (18-04-2012),Etienne  (19-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    I'm afraid of boats/ships too! I can look at photos of them, but watching shows like deadliest catch, etc, make me want to barf and I get all clammy! And the depth of the ocean, and bein so far from land, and the creepy crawlies...

I'm so afraid of caterpillars after I kept two as "pets" for a few days as a kid and one ate half of the other one o_O

Also going outside at night time - always convinced there's a killer lurking around at any given moment!
    OMG, DS is scared of caterpillars as well!! He's 12 but is genuinely terrified of them. He says it's the way they move when they creep along.. how they arch up and down Oh I shouldn't laugh..

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post

I forgot to put the bins out this arvo so now I will have to put them out tomorrow morning first thing as I refuse I do it after dark!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (17-04-2012)