+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    As soon as I was pregnant I knew that DD would be my one and only. 8 years on and I haven't changed my mind.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (18-04-2012),summastarlet  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    I have always had it in my mind that I wanted 2 children. But after the journey we went through to get our beautiful DS I'm not sure if I could go back and do it all over again for number 2. So now part of me thinks that I could be happy with 1 child, but a little part of me doesn't feel like our family is complete yet...and I would love for DS to have a sibling.
    This is exactly how I feel. I want to have 3 but atm don't think I can handle another one.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lovesushi For This Useful Post:

summastarlet  (18-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are still unsure if we want another one so I am very interested in the replies.

DD loves other kids and she would be a wonderful big sister, but if I was told tomorrow that I couldn't have any more children I don't think I would be upset. I have no yearning for another, or a hole that needs to be filled.

As PPs have said, in our current position I can return to full time work in a few years. We can pay off our house, explore the world together, buy DD a car. All those things that are just a smidge more difficult with two.

With all that said, if I found myself pregnant I wouldn't be absolutely devastated and I have no doubt I would not be able to imagine my life without two. But at this point in time - I would be content with just one.

More ramblings than an answer sorry OP...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nerdgirl99 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Me and DH have recently decided that it will most likely be one child for us, we want to give him so many opportunities that would be much harder if we had more. We would live to give him private schooling, and be able to buy what we feel he needs. Also one suites us for my own desires of returning to full time work.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know because all my friends with 2 kids say 'don't have two!! One is enough!!'... No really, I'm single now do its kind of a given, but it's perfect really, and I kinda did always just want one. dS will have plenty of other kids to grow up around.I don't know if this elusive perfect family exists... Or if there's ever a perfectly right time for everything in life... What I've learnt is that there's positives and negatives in everything in life. If your not sure, then don't sweat it, just keep on truckin' for now

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    As soon as I was pregnant I knew that DD would be my one and only. 8 years on and I haven't changed my mind.
    That's how it was for me, DS is now 2.5 and spirited, I don't think I could cope with another.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    We always said just 1. DS is nearly 14 months and I currently feel
    absolutely no yearning to get pregnant and have another baby. I have my days were I think I should give DS a sibling, but I also have to think am I going to have another child purely for DS? Shouldn't we have another child because it's what we want, not what we think is the right thing to do? Somedays we think we do want another, I know DH would be convinced pretty easily. It's me that just needs to say the word, although he is perfectly happy with just 1.

It's hard, all our friends have 2. You get asked all the time when you are going back for another. DH and I really enjoy the freedom only 1 gives us as well.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to goldencrumble For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Thank you all so much for your replies. Interesting to hear other people's perspectives on this.

Anyone else want to share?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love the idea financially of one child but after seeing my husbands parents house at holidays I wish we could afford a big family. I will shoot for three children though at least.

Dont have any children yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel like our family is "complete". And by that, I mean happy and loving. I think the human heart has an amazing capacity for love, so although our hearts are so full, it will expand even more for another child. But this works the other way as well, if we are only ever a one child family we will be content and complete, because there is just so so much love in this little house.

We are trying for Number 2 but it doesn't seem to be happening. DH & I had a heart to heart the other night and decided we wouldn't pursue any procedures to TTC. I guess that confirms that we complete already (but another bub will be a happy bonus).

18. The Following User Says Thank You to grumpybump For This Useful Post: