+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Zhu Zhu Pets

How the hell do you turn them off?

Aarrrgghhhh!!

There are two mechanical ...things (they look kinda like gerbals) whistling and chittering at each other on my kitchen table. I may have to turn them off with a hammer.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MissPoss For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think I held down a button on top of their head/neck and don't touch them again, but it didn't always work.

My sister has given my DD about half a dozen of them and they drive me up the wall!! The worst is when they start randomly going off during the night, freaky little ****ers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I kind of just sit them somewhere and hope and pray they stfu.

God they're annoying, useless bloody things...

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am starting to believe that Zhu Zhu pets are Tribbles in disguise... So parents will buy them, cause they know about the trouble with tribbles.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, it's easy! What you do is put it in the bin and close the lid.

MIL used to buy heaps for DD but I gave them back. Can't stand the horrid little buggers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids have a few. I arrived home from work at 3am and trying not to wake anyone snuck in- threw my bag and keys down and accidentally hit one of the little f&()ers. Anyway nearly shat myself as it started squeaking and whizzing across the floor. They now live in a "hutch" out on the deck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    You let them scare your dog and allow him to turn them off for you. Mine did a great job.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

jemmajam  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Pretty sure you push the button on its back and it'll stop moving, then after 10 mins of random noises it'll turn itself off. Or put them upside down.
    We only have 1, thank gawd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I *think* this is how they work:

It has 2 buttons. One on its nose and one on its back. The one on it's nose is just noises and the one on its back makes it move and does the noises. Press it once and it starts and press again to stop.

So, if it's moving and making noises then press the one on it's back. If its just making noises press its nose.

If that fails, do as pp suggested and turn it on it's back.

DD2 scared me to death just after she was given one of these on her birthday last year and took it to bed. I kept hearing noises which stopped and started all night and couldn't figure out where it was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you separate them and put them in a small space (DD has about 10 of them and has one of those suit cases made for them with separate compartments) and i found since she got that they don't move/talk unless the bag is moved around or they are next to each other (or touched). They will try to move around and talk a few times but so long as they can't move/touch they will shut up eventually (wow, that sounds like i'm talking about a real thing haha).

Also, there is a little white lever looking thing on the bottom, depending on the way that that is pointing depends on how much they move/talk too.