Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Let us know what they say

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i will probably get flamed for this but i don't see why single parents / people on FTB and parenting payments get 2 payments when their bills will only go up the same as everyone else's bills i mean don't get me wrong i think its great they are adding a little extra in to help compensate the rises but why give a single parent double what a 2 parent family get is beyond me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumma2ajem View Post
    i will probably get flamed for this but i don't see why single parents / people on FTB and parenting payments get 2 payments when their bills will only go up the same as everyone else's bills i mean don't get me wrong i think its great they are adding a little extra in to help compensate the rises but why give a single parent double what a 2 parent family get is beyond me
    I guess it's because a 2 parent family generally has the potential to bring in money from other sources?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FindMyLunch For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and there are certain tax offsets available, so dual income families can get 2 lots of offsets

Thanks
    Reviews
    i get annoyed at the whole single parent getting more as well.. BUT that's only because we only earn what a single parent bracket is over. but if we were getting more money etc it wouldn't bother me in the slightest (does that make sense?

Im just playing it by ear i dont want to get to excited about getting extra money

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FindMyLunch View Post
    I guess it's because a 2 parent family generally has the potential to bring in money from other sources?
    yes but alot of 2 parent families are earning the same as a single parent family and have no access to extra money yet they are not helped out like some others are it just sh*&ts me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FindMyLunch View Post
    Oh and there are certain tax offsets available, so dual income families can get 2 lots of offsets

thanks that's good to know that we get something out of it as well as we get none of the payments

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumma2ajem View Post
    Both my sisters who are married are getting more money then me. Everyone gets a different amount. Let's not single out single mums please. My parents actually get more then me too. 2 different payment days doesn't mean we get more money then anyone else. I'm happy with whatever amount I get. And as a single mum who can only ever have one income compared to a coupled family who can bring in 2 incomes why shouldn't we be allowed to get help. Sorry JMO.
    Last edited by Jensha; 03-05-2012 at 15:43.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jensha For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (03-05-2012),ItWasntMe  (05-05-2012),spitthedummy  (03-05-2012),wilding  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    Both my sisters who are married are getting more money then me. Everyone gets a different amount. Let's not single out single mums please. My parents actually get more then me too. 2 different payment days doesn't mean we get more money then anyone else. I'm happy with whatever amount I get. And as a single mum who can only ever have one income compared to a coupled family who can bring in 2 incomes why shouldn't we be allowed to get help. Sorry JMO.

i did not single out single parents i also said ppl getting ftb and pp which can also be couples but do ur sisters have more kids then u that would be why they are getting more i have 2 friends earn around the same money yett one will get more as shes single and the other is a low income family but anyhow i never said u should not get help but just because some ppl have 2 incomes does not mean bill rises dont affect them they may struggle to and as someone who gets no ftb we dont get the supplement but they say we get tax cuts which in theory still sucks as tax cuts are nothing
    Last edited by mumma2ajem; 03-05-2012 at 21:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Read this thread had never heard of this advance so jumped into the website and used the estimator - says we are eligible for a whopping $70! That won't even fill my car!

Bring back Kevin - he gave us $800 not some measly 70 bucks!!!!

In all seriousness though am I the only one who thinks the whole thing screams robin hood 'take from the rich give to the poor' - meaning they are taxing big companies and giving a payout to the rest of us but at the end of the day I cannot see the whole thing making any scrap of difference to households or climate change!!!!!!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JaneDoe For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (15-05-2012),jagamoe  (16-05-2012),MissMuppet  (05-05-2012),mumma2ajem  (03-05-2012)