+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I just put through a single mother with one child aged (4-7years) and 20k as income which well and truely covers PPS and then some and it came up as $427.
    It says to only put in what you earn after government payments

Thanks
    Reviews
    So from what I can see a single mum, not working, with a child aged 8-12 gets $373, still better than nothing but unsure how age impacts payment. DD costs me more as she gets older, especially being asthmatic which means our heater is running 24/7 during winter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in a single income family with 1 child under 4 and it said $403 for us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by singlemumma82 View Post
    So from what I can see a single mum, not working, with a child aged 8-12 gets $373, still better than nothing but unsure how age impacts payment. DD costs me more as she gets older, especially being asthmatic which means our heater is running 24/7 during winter.
    I think FTB payments go up a few dollars...
    So if you get $373 as an annual payment and you only receive one FTB payment you I think you divide by 26 and you get $14 added to the payment... If you get both FTB payments around $7 will be added on each.. IYKWIM

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are single income at 40k before tax with a DD and they estimated 539 for us. It really is strange how they work it all out!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by singlemumma82 View Post
    People with long term medical needs also get a payment to help with running humidifiers and things like that. Have a look and see if your entitled to more

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just logged into my online services with Centrelink and I now have 2 advance payments. The 2nd one coming after May 28th.... Does anyone know what this is about? Or is the estimator amount (link in previous posts) being paid in 2 parts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What is this Clean Energy Advance you're speaking of? I haven't watched TV and the news for well over 2 years

Thanks
    Reviews
    The estimator was far off with me. It said I would get 460 and I just spent half an hour on the phone with C/L and she said Im only getting $110. Its $250 because Im on a pension and $110,- per child which is just the 1 in my case.

About tax cuts to low income earners, I spoke to my accountant as well and he says they have not released any figures yet and it wont apply until the next financial year. So this years tax return wont have any cuts applied.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I spoke to someone at the clean energy call center and she explained to me how much an average family will be paying extra and how much they will be "reimbursed".

With the introduction of the carbon tax, families are estimated to be paying an extra $9,- per week on their combined bills (electricity, food and clothes). The government is going to give low income families an extra $7,- per week.
    This means we will still be out of pocket by $2,- a week.

This lump sum is great. Unfortunately not a lot of people will be putting the money in a separate account and transfer each week $7,- into their spendings account to compensate for the carbon tax.
    A lot of people will see this lumpsum as a bonus and use it to pay for other things. Current bills, toys, luxuries, etc.
    As I was discussing with my accountant, the government would've been better off just dividing up that lumpsum by 26 and give the families a bit extra every fortnight.
    They did it with the baby bonus, so why not with this lumpsum?