+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a savings acc set up for dd to give her when she is 18. And also a separate education acc for when she starts school.
    We also kept the outfit she wore home from hospital which is extra special to me as dh went out on his own and picked it when I was still in hospital with her.
    I also got a material growth chart and put her name at the top so it would last for years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have newspapers in the scrap book we have top headlines, top song, gas prices etc

All 5 have bank accounts and when they get to certain intervals my mom matches it so at 200, 400,800,1000,2000,3000,4000,5000 my mom puts that into them. We keep first outfits, baby shoes and blanket

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had the paper from when my first son was born.. But sadly - when my second was born I don't think I did Each mother's day I dip mine and my boy's hands in paint and dod a print. It's special for me and I also think in time it will be nice for them to watch their hands grow each year. It's just me and them so I like to think that we hold each others hands along the way
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 17-04-2012 at 20:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For DD's first birthday we made a time capsule for her to open on her 18th birthday and offered people the opportunity to contribute a letter and a small trinket that meant something. We got a fair few letters and had friends take Polaroids at her party. In it we also have special things from her first year like her Birth Centre beanie, knitted beanie from my Mum, commemorative coins from 2010, commemorative papers like Cyclone Yasi and Kate and Wills wedding, the candle from her first birthday cake, first shoes, her name Coke bottle, shells from her first trip to the beach, a jumper her cousin sent from south America, a small photo album of her first house and a shaky toy I got in a kids pack over in Europe before I knew I was pregnant!

I've also made a video montage of her big moments each month for the first 12 months (only about 3-4 minutes each), a 1-12 month video and so far a 12-18 month video (each about 10-15minutes).

I also did the photo each month for a first year frame (2 actually).

We started putting money away, including any CL bonuses but ended up putting that towards a house deposit instead. We plan instead on buying her first car for her.

I love the paper idea and regret not doing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some really amazing ideas here, subscribing so I remember to do some of them

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted to do a diary style letter to DS from finding out we were pregnant onwards. It was a way to tell him when he was older what my pregnancy was like, what he was like as a baby, etc.

But I never did it, and I regret it nothing stopping me starting it now though! (he's 14 months)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are going to ttc at the end of the year, im planning on taking weekly tummy pic during the pregnancy to see the difference and take a tummy cast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a pregnancy journal that I will give to baby when they're old enough to be interested! Would've loved to know what my mum felt/went through etc ss

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly View Post
    I wanted to do a diary style letter to DS from finding out we were pregnant onwards. It was a way to tell him when he was older what my pregnancy was like, what he was like as a baby, etc.

But I never did it, and I regret it nothing stopping me starting it now though! (he's 14 months)
    You just reminded me..I wrote little letters to my girl when I was preg ..about my feelings and world events..also wrote a letter to her when she was about 6 months old....kept her first bit of hair from when chopped..also kept pregnancy test (in plastic)..kept her tix from the first concert ..play school of course..hers and my wrist bands from hospy..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I take a photo of my kids every month from birth, every three months after two years old with the same teddy.

I have a file on my computer for each child and I add notes in it every time they achieve milestones, say something cute/ funny, and generally write about them and what quirky little things they are doing. It's amazing what you forget!

I have a box for each child that I add little things to. Their coming home outfit, Favourite toys, first hair locket, first writing, letters to Santa etc.

Their first drawings I got them to do on canvas and they now adorn our hallway...love them!

Every birthday do a video interview with them. Eg. Who are your friends, what things do you like, what do you want to be when you grow up etc. my parents did this for me on cassette and I love listening to it!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Honeymoonbub For This Useful Post: