+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Thumbs up Sharing proud moment.....

DS (2,5yo) had to go to his first dental checkup at hospital this morning. I was so worried he would have a meltdown like when he has a haircut or has his nails cut, but he was great
    He knew straightaway what was going to happen. He wanted to sit in the big chair and not on mummies lap. He opened his mouth when asked and let the dentist have a good look at his teeth without any problems.
    He has a sensory processing disorder, as he loves to chew, lick and bite anything and everything. Maybe that is why he didn't mind having someone look in his mouth.

The dentist thinks it's because I have been taking him to my own 6 monthly checkups since he was little. He knows it doesn't hurt as he's seen mummy sitting in that big chair and she never has said "OUCH" once

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's fantastic! I'm scared to take my DD who has sensory issues to the dentist as I'm really worried she's going to meltdown.

So glad it went smoothly for you. It gives me hope for my DD too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What are her main sensory problems? I spoke to the OT just now and she believes it has to do something with receiving the oral input that usually settles him. Like when he's chewing an old shirt of mine at bedtime, it settles him. So maybe the touching of his mouth might have soothed him.
    Either way, I'm still proud and relieved that he did so well <3