+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS was two and three quarters. DD got him a wooden train set. It was SUCH a good idea. The novelty lasted a few weeks straight and really helped distract him in those early days. Plus it was easy for adults to play with him with it when they came to visit/help (because you do worry about neglecting your older one a little).

I just asked him now who gave him the train set (6 months later). He didn't actually remember it was from DD, but I don't think that is the point. It was just something exciting for him (because he didn't find the baby that exciting) that kept him distracted when we were absorbed with the baby. It kept the peace.
    And it is still a much loved toy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy in the Sky View Post
    DS was two and three quarters. DD got him a wooden train set. It was SUCH a good idea. The novelty lasted a few weeks straight and really helped distract him in those early days. Plus it was easy for adults to play with him with it when they came to visit/help (because you do worry about neglecting your older one a little).

I just asked him now who gave him the train set (6 months later). He didn't actually remember it was from DD, but I don't think that is the point. It was just something exciting for him (because he didn't find the baby that exciting) that kept him distracted when we were absorbed with the baby. It kept the peace.
    And it is still a much loved toy.
    Completely off topic but I cant read your username without singing it in my head... and then getting it stuck in my head!

Thanks
    Reviews
    A toy camera or a wooden block game or train set sound like great ideas, as your DS can be in the room with you when he uses it and it will be a great distraction! In my experience, ride on toys are more trouble than they are worth- they need adult supervision at all times, the battery often lastz a short time then needs recharging, and you would usually use them outside, which might not be convenient for you if you are tending to the new bub. All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1 will be 22months when DD2 is born so far I have started putting together a little bag for her, I had one made on vistaprint that is a tote bag with her name and "big sister" on it, inside So far I have things like a colouring in book and pencils, a ball, Drink bottle and snack boxes ( All Dora as she LOVES her) and am going to buy her a "newborn baby" of her own. I mainly have things that will help me distract her whilst in hospital, I will also put in some of her favourite snacks.
    I bought her on ebay a T-shirt transfer that says I'm the big sister so she feels extra special.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by winterbaby View Post
    DD1 will be 22months when DD2 is born so far I have started putting together a little bag for her, I had one made on vistaprint that is a tote bag with her name and "big sister" on it, inside So far I have things like a colouring in book and pencils, a ball, Drink bottle and snack boxes ( All Dora as she LOVES her) and am going to buy her a "newborn baby" of her own. I mainly have things that will help me distract her whilst in hospital, I will also put in some of her favourite snacks.
    I bought her on ebay a T-shirt transfer that says I'm the big sister so she feels extra special.
    Thats a really good idea! DS is STILL carrying around his easter bag and putting random things in it!