+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneNowOneLater View Post
    Thanks Uh-Oh.... This is the bracelet he got her
    Gorgeous! One lucky girl!

I was thinking maybe a chalkboard/whiteboard easel.... he loves to draw..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing. Had never come across the concept before bubhub. No jealousy or resentment issues so far. Won't be doing it for the arrival of number 3 either (whenever that may be)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooops that sounded harsh! Typing left handed on phone while eating lunch! Sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beccacino View Post
    Ooops that sounded harsh! Typing left handed on phone while eating lunch! Sorry.
    No no thats ok! I am also taking DS out of full time daycare so I think it might be a shock the little fellas system. I do expect there to be some kind of reaction to the new baby, I dont think the toy is going to take away that but hes a boy, and is easily distracted by shiny new things so a new toy might give me some reprieve during the busy times!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still thinking of what to get DD due in June from DS. It'll probably just be a soft teddy (he'll be 21mo so I don't think he understands the concept of gift giving yet )

I'm subscribing to this though, for ideas of what to give DS as a gift.

Sort of off-topic. DS sleeps with a pink blanket that was actually put aside for the new arrival. We tell him it's his sister's blanket and he's taking care of it til she arrives. He's so sweet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneNowOneLater View Post
    DS has bought dd a pandora style bracelet with her name amongst the charms - he has taste
    My DS gave his sisters similar bracelets, with their names spelt out in silver beads and pink Swarovski crystals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A toy computer. He really wanted it. I'd say get the thing he wants most. Never mind size or price. I think getting something he REALLY wanted from his little brother made a big difference to our eldest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD got DS a a Wii game (lego pirates of the caribean lol).

For us, it was something DS wanted and also something that he could spend time doing (and DH always plays with him) while I was in hospital and while i was bf'ing etc. He was 6 1/2 and it was not about jealousy...more about celebrating him becoming a big brother!

I wanted to get it for him...and once DD was born, we gave him $50 to go and spend on something from him to her (he got a beautiful blanket for her and a teddy).

I like siblings choosing presents for each other, and he now always picks a present for her birthday and christmas and he LOVES it. As she grows, we will do the same and she will chose a present from her to him (at the moment mummy helps her lol).

I think a motorised car might cause havoc in the hospital...and will not bring any peace to you guys. Make it a present...and something that he can do with minimal help (and doesn't need new batteries every 15 mins).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smileygirl View Post
    I think a motorised car might cause havoc in the hospital...and will not bring any peace to you guys. Make it a present...and something that he can do with minimal help (and doesn't need new batteries every 15 mins).
    Lol, we werent planning on gifting it at the hospital! Although it would be hilarious to see DH even attempt to get it there! Shoudl everything go to plan I will discharge 4hours after birth so I really dont think DS will even come to the hospital to meet him/her.

The present idea, for me, was a) to celebrate the arrival of his new brother or sister and b) to be used as a distraction for those times where I need him distracted!

At the moment his new favourite toy is a plastic coathanger so he's fairly easily pleased.. and distracted!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arusaamatus View Post
    I'm still thinking of what to get DD due in June from DS. It'll probably just be a soft teddy (he'll be 21mo so I don't think he understands the concept of gift giving yet )

I'm subscribing to this though, for ideas of what to give DS as a gift.

Sort of off-topic. DS sleeps with a pink blanket that was actually put aside for the new arrival. We tell him it's his sister's blanket and he's taking care of it til she arrives. He's so sweet
    That is adorable about the blanket!!! I might also get him to pick out a 'blankie' (as he calls them) to give to his new sibling when we come home also. DS is very attached to his blankie so it woudl be cute to see sibling with one aswell!!

I did think a teddy, but to honest my house is exploding with them and I knwo that new baby will just get more. One more teddy and my house is going to be one of those creepy teddy bear houses!

Quote Originally Posted by lulululu View Post
    A toy computer. He really wanted it. I'd say get the thing he wants most. Never mind size or price. I think getting something he REALLY wanted from his little brother made a big difference to our eldest.
    Thank you, I have a couple of months. There is a couple of toys at daycare that he just loves so I mgiht keep an eye out for something he seems to love (its hard at this age!) and get him one for home.

Thanks for all your input!