+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lordy... my DS is 21 months and still wakes 2-3/4 times a night and most times will not go back to sleep without milk... all bubs are different

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think 6.30pm to 3.00am is pretty long and maybe he's really hungry. Would he want a dream feed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Why would you put it down to teething? He is hungry, that is a long time without a feed. My DD1 fed twice during the night til she was 1.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    we night weaned at 18months, but dd would still have boob sometime in the early morning until then

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bub is 8 months old, on the 97th percentile for weight, and goes 12 hours at night without a feed (breastfed). But that is after a bit of effort to get her to stop feeding overnight (she was having 4-5 feeds). BUT if she had just been having one feed and only waking once overnight, I would have been inclinded to just go with it.
    If I were you, I would keep giving him the 1 feed overnight until about 10 months when you can add in morning and afternoon tea, and maybe will have been able to increase the solids a bit more too. Then you could try offering water instead again, and maybe if he isn't that hungry then he will take it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the replies... It's nice to hear that we are "normal". I will stop reading books etc that say 6 month old should be sleeping 12 hours through the night with perfect naps of a day... Can you tell it's my first baby?haha!

Cheers, Cate

Thanks
    Reviews
    When DS was 9mths he was waking twice a night for BF right up until we weaned him to FF then he'd wake once a night for a BF over night, when I cut out BF entirely we introduced an extra bottle in the day cause he was waking in the middle of the night hungry we would also make a larger bottle of a night. You could also start introducing carbs (potato or pasta) with dinner of you feel comfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try feeding more carbs in his diet throughout day so he is fuller at night. I would just drop the feed, keep resettling, don't feed him, he will cry for it but after a couple of days he will get the message. Our bodies don't need food overnight, he just wants to see you. He will adjust. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Is the 3am feed really bothering you? If it's causing you great hardship then yea try and night wean her. But it's perfectly normal for babies till 2 yo to feed overnight.

I know I get up for a drink overnight... And definitely eat/drink in 12hrs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At 9 months Ds was nursing 3 hourly still day and night,

At 22 months he still doesn't make it past that 3-4 am stretch

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub