+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 8 month big baby still waking for 3 am feed?

Hi All...
    My boy is on the bigger end of the scales and has started solids but he is still waking at 3am( goes to sleep about 6.30pm) and he is desperate for a feed.. We have been blaming teething but he just got his top four teeth through and doesn't look like any others yet, and he is having four bottles about 250ml each throughout the day ... He has just started crawling and I he would keep eating food if I kept giving it to him but them his tummy gets a bit upset and he poops heaps more... I've tried just giving him water in the night but he screams blue murder until its formula... What have others done? I've just been giving him wheat cereal and fruit and veggies.. A little bit of chicken and fish smushed up... I think I made the mistake of giving hm too much food before he was ready and it really upset his insides so I'm cautious of that...
    I would really appreciate your thoughts and ideas...
    Cate... Mum of Wills xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mikayla's nearly 9 months now and still wakes 3 times for breast feeds through the night. She has 3 solid meals a day and 4 - 5 milk feeds (mixture of formula and breastfeeds) through the day.

I think it is completely normal and have no intention of stopping her night feeds while she's still asking for them

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (17-04-2012),CateN  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD still needed night feeds til 15 months. Sounds like your little on still needs a night feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Omg I wish my 9.5mo only woke at 3 he's having parties every hour through the night at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 7 month old is still on 3-4 feeds a night, with a variety of solids 2-3 times a day. Can't imagine she would be down to one feed in one month.
    I would just give him his milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 18 month old is still having the same 3 am feed We tried water for about 2 weeks and it didn't make any difference. So we just have his (now) bottle prepared and he really drinks it all in 2 sec at 3 am and that's it! Oh and should add like prob many toddlers he is eating ALL DAY LONG lol. Some are just like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My 6.5 month old dd still wakes for a 3am feed and I see it as good cause she was waking twice a night for feeds, so once is great!

Probably not what you wanted to hear is it? 8 months is still pretty young and so a single overnight feed is actually really good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD2 is nearly 8 months and still has a night feed. She sleeps usually 12 hours a night with a feed around 2am. 8 months is still very young.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD was feeding 3 times between 7pm-7am

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could have written your post!!

My DS is 11 months and I only recently (at 10 months) stopped his night feeds.

He is and was eating 3 decent sized meals per day and have 6-8 breastfeeds in a 24 hour period.

He was waking a LOT at night. Every night was different but it could be anywhere from 1 to 5/6 times. I would generally feed him once - twice per night but in a bad night I fed him 3 times. It was like he was a newborn

I also tried the water but he screamed until I gave him a boob.

I think at 8 months some babies do still need a night feed but in my case my DS was older and he had slept through a few times before so I knew he didn't need the night feeds anymore

I stopped cold turkey. It took 3 nights for him to get the idea but instead of feeding I held and comforted him and gave him his dummy till he settled and fell asleep. I did that every time he woke and he is now pretty much sleeping through.

It's been almost a month. So far so good