+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm loving this show!! I actually think seal is a load of crock. For Chris Sebastian his reasoning was 'ur a diamond in the rough, a star...' blah blah blah u cud say that for any of singers up there! I also think re judges that's it's not so much the type of music they sing themselves as it is they know music and the voice and how to use it to its full potential.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milktini View Post
    Am I the only one that loves Delta.. I think she has such an amazing voice

I can't wait for tonight's ep!
    I've always liked her music and her voice is lovely recorded but her performance on the logies was pretty diabolical! She is also coming across as very fake and precious on the show! Quite annoying!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nando View Post
    I'll probably get slated for saying this... But am I the only one who thought the 'legally blind' girl was full of it when she said she doesn't know if anyone turned around??
    Even if she can't see, the chairs make big wooshing noises and the audience went crazy each time...

It is a shame though, because she is actually pretty amazing singer and will be labelled.
    I will burn in the flames alongside you because TBH I thought this too when watching lol!! The crowd went wild after each judge turned around!!

Legally blind doesn't mean they have no sight either, and she was looking directly at the judges when they were talking to her, I wouldn't put it past producers to get her to 'play' on it more to make people watch iykwim?

I had never heard the song she sing before, she def had talent tho!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JaneDoe For This Useful Post:

Berrie  (17-04-2012),Maybelline  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hated the way they have been milking the blind issue over and over in the ads. If she is blind her hearing would be a lot better and she would know exactly that people turned around and she would notice the difference in the clapping and cheering

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    I wouldn't put it past producers to get her to 'play' on it more to make people watch iykwim?
    So true, today u never know that is real and what is staged. Not saying she can see, and she was really lovely but they did ride the pity train. No reason she couldnt have used her stick (sorry dont know the right term) in the studio! No, they had to walk her in all dramatically, counting the stairs like an idiot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm not sure the stick would've been entirely fair, it would've taken her much longer to get to the stage, possibly face entirely the wrong direction and then people would accuse the judges of hearing the stick so only turning around because they knew she was blind.

I don't think they've played on it too much. They tell everyone's life story, in fact I'm fairly sure I saw an ad about the Janis Joplin sounding woman and her poor childhood.

I think it takes b@lls to sing on stage when vision impaired. Good on her. She was incredible.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

FutureMa  (18-04-2012),KillerHeels  (17-04-2012),Mopeg  (17-04-2012),The Fox  (17-04-2012)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    For those that wonder if Delta has talent:

Goodrem has achieved eight number-one singles and three number-one albums in her home country. As of the late 2000s or early 2010s, she holds the Australian record for the highest-selling album of the last decade and the most number-one singles from a debut album
    Her debut album, 2003's Innocent Eyes, made her one of Australia's highest-selling female recording artists, spending 29 weeks at No. 1, selling well over a million copies in Australia and another 3.5 million internationally, debuting at No. 2 in the UK and breaking various records in the process
    Goodrem released her third studio album, self-titled Delta, on 20 October 2007 to yet another number-one debut, gaining multi-platinum status within the first few months of release. Goodrem also shifted attention to different markets, releasing the album in the Far East and the USA. In January 2009, Goodrem embarked on the Believe Again Tour of Australia to support her third studio album.[44] She has sold approximately 5 million albums, and 6 million combined albums and singles worldwide
    I'd say that's a pretty good rap.

As for whether she's up herself - you judge yourself:
    Goodrem regularly visits sick children in hospital and uses her own experience with cancer to help raise awareness for other young people affected by the disease. A percentage of each ticket for The Visualise Tour went towards the "Delta Goodrem Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research Trust Fund", established by Goodrem in support of cancer research. In May 2005, Goodrem helped launch "Teen Info on Cancer", a UK website aimed at supporting young teenage sufferers. In November 2005, Goodrem became an ambassador for Research Australia's "Thank You Day", which honours the country's health and medical researchers and received a Thank You Day Celebrity Advocacy Award "in recognition of her efforts in raising funds and awareness for Australian medical research and charities." Goodrem is set to be the face of Alternative Hair, the UK hairdressing industry's top fundraising event, in aid of cancer charity Leukaemia Research. Goodrem is also member of RADD (Recording Artists, Actors And Athletes Against Drink Driving), a group of celebrities raising awareness of the risks of drunk driving.
    I'm just sick of the cutting down of people just because they happen to be famous or beautiful or whatever. Selling over 6million albums and singles while working on charities - regardless of having cancer, losing her hair, and being splashed all over the tabloids while two of her exes were being playboys, but remaining respectable is an acheivement in itself.

I only know of kiss from a rose, amazing, and crazy from Seal - which are all great songs, but not sure if he'd be the one to take the artist to the top.

I don't follow country - so I don't know much about Keith's music (I probably wouldn't know of him except for Nicole Kidman - although watching him - I'm enjoying him on the show.)

As for Joel - love Good Charlotte - they've had a great bag of hits - (more that I know of than Seal). Of course he gets splashed over the tabloids moreso because of who his partner is.

The one thing I can say is that all these artists bring a diverse idea of how they can help new artists and we only get to see a very small snippet of how they've acted when they've probably witnessed hundreds of auditions - but only a tiny few get to the show.

Who really knows what any of these people are like at home?

They should be getting judged by the watching audience on what they sound like and how they've marketted themselves - as that's what sells records, not whether they're a douchebag, or up themselves etc. As the reason the people audition for this show is so that they can become recording artists - all of the judges are successful recording artists, so fit the criteria.
    Last edited by Mod-pegasus; 17-04-2012 at 13:44.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

Madame Mayhem  (17-04-2012),made2bAmummy  (17-04-2012),millie91  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah but come one, it would make my sahm being really boring if I couldnt gossip every now and then as to why Seal and Heidi split up and if Keith Urban is one or two heads shorter than Nicole

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nicky2006 For This Useful Post:

tormyxxx  (17-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think people are being a bit harsh towards the blind girl. Sure, her other senses would likely be heightened but she was auditioning - probably nervous as all heck and concentrating on her singing not listening out for the sound of the crowd etc.
    She probably didn't use her stick up the stairs because it was an unknown area and it wouldn't be very nice if she stacked it trying to climb up there - plus she wouldn't know where to stop or which way to stand once she was up there.
    Good grief.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

Benji  (17-04-2012),millie91  (17-04-2012),Yep  (17-04-2012)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky2006 View Post
    Yeah but come one, it would make my sahm being really boring if I couldnt gossip every now and then as to why Seal and Heidi split up and if Keith Urban is one or two heads shorter than Nicole
    Very true - and doesn't it bother you what Joel and nicole's relationship is like